More bad news

bobby s
on 1/8/05 6:07 am - Central, FL
Well, not only did I find out that I have a hernia on my incision line, but I also found out that my calcium is low. I am taking 6X the "daily allowance" already. Has anyone of the July babies had any blood work problems yet?
Jennifier1
on 1/8/05 6:58 am - Weirton, WV
I will found out Monday morning how my labs came back. I had them done the week before Christmas since I was going out of town for 12 days. I'm hoping they all come back great like they did at my three month check up. How much more calcium do they want you to take daily now? That's the one I'm worried about for myself along with my iron levels.
emmalousmom
on 1/8/05 10:16 am - Wawa, Canada
What type of calcium do you take and when do you take it. Louise
Vivi *.
on 1/8/05 10:26 am - clermont, FL
Hi Bobby, Sorry your labs came back low... You're taking the Building Blocks calcium, right? That's a very good choice. Just make sure you are not taking it along w/ Iron!! It is really hard for your body to absorb calcium & iron together. Also, you had DS. There are many challenges with DS, the biggest one being your intestines mal absorbing important nutrients. So, stay on top of your labs and call your Dr. What did they say to you when your labs came back w/ low calcium? -Flávia
Debra O.
on 1/8/05 11:38 am - Chino, CA
I had my month blood ddrawb Friday morning. I wont find out until the 18th how mine are. So sorry yours came back bad. Good luck in the future. ~Debra
IrishIze
on 1/8/05 9:43 pm - NJ
Bobby, I'm sorry you're having some troubles.... I had my blood workd done the beginning of December and thankfully it was fine. I don't go bac****il March. What do they suggest you do at this point? Are you taking Calcium Citrate? Hugs, Nancy -88
bobby s
on 1/9/05 2:19 am - Central, FL
Thanks for the replies, I am taking Bariatric brands for my Calcium and Multi-vitamin. I could break up the frequency of my pill taking (I take them twice a day). I am careful not to take Iron with the Calcium. I was getting 6000mg of elemental Calcium Citrate and 2400IU of Vitamin D daily, which is now 8000mg and 3600IU of D a day!!!
Most Active
Recent Topics
STILL Fighting
MrsJuly · 3 replies · 1115 views
Feeling great after 10 years
missang · 1 replies · 1035 views
HELLO, Hello, hello
JustHat · 3 replies · 1112 views
Old Habits
JustHat · 0 replies · 1179 views