Friends?

JustHat
on 1/7/05 1:32 pm - NM
Jealousy is a nasty thing. I recently dealt with a nasty friend. How many of you have had friends turn nasty as you got thinner? Have you noticed it is apparent who your real friends are now that your thinner? Or are you lucky and your friends are supportive and not jealous at all? Hat
bunnymorris
on 1/7/05 1:45 pm - Georgetown, TX
RNY on 07/22/04 with
Pretty much my friends have been supportive but I am running into the "You look good now--you don't need to lose anymore". Well I have 50 more lbs. so they will have to get over it I'm afraid. I agree, I think some folks are very threatened and unsure how the weight loss will affect your friendship. It makes some people uncomfortable. And , yes, some jealously. I just try to reassure them and sometimes shut them down before they get wound up. Good luck and no matter what--you are doing great! Still losing, Bunny -82
Curious Mickey D.
on 1/7/05 2:40 pm - Montgomery, TX
My friends that came to see me said I should only lose another 10 pounds MAYBE. I still have another 37 pounds to lose. It was kind of funny hearing that b/c I'm still "overweight." The tummy pooch drives me I don't think I will be satisfied until it is completely GONE Curious Mickey Diva 24 yo, 5'2" 229/157/120
Curious Mickey D.
on 1/7/05 2:38 pm - Montgomery, TX
Hey! I usually just lurk on this forum, but this post kind of hit home in a way. I had 2 of my friends come hang out for New Year's Eve. One of them is a guy. Well, he was VERY flirtacious with me this time. I've always flirted with him, but he has NEVER expressed an interest in me before. Now, that I've lost so much weight, he seems to be taking notice Well, that ship has sailed! He had his chance before the surgery, and he blew it Just wanted to share that tidbit of info. Has anyone else had a similar experience? Curious Mickey Diva 24 yo, 5'2" 229/157/120
JustHat
on 1/7/05 2:56 pm - NM
Yep. And, I have noticed it in two different places. My husband's coworkers have always been nasty to fat women. I shouldn't say all, but a sizable number. Now that I have lost weight, they are talking about me for a different reason. They would approach me, but they know me well enough to know that I would now tell them to go to h3ll. The other place is out at the bars. I have always been the penis blocker. Now, for the first time, I am the one that the drunks pick out of the pack. Even one night when we were all out with our husbands, a couple of guys wouldn't give up any time I walked away from DH. DH is pretty relaxed about the whole thing because he knows I like to blow off the guys that wouldn't have given me the time of day 6 months ago. But, he has had to step in once to back a guy off. And, this was after the guy threw a sad pick up line at me and I toss him off. My real problem was with one woman that was used to being the center of attraction. Now that guys are pick me out of the crowd to throw their sad pick up lines at, she has become really nasty. Now, in the end, she has worked it so I don't go out with the "group" any longer. Hat
deeno
on 1/8/05 12:27 am - Kokomo, IN
Penis Blocker!! LMAO! Love it, just love it. Diana
Debra O.
on 1/7/05 11:35 pm - Chino, CA
I had a good friend pre surgery...we used to get together with our kids once a week. Usually for dinner. She never calls me anymore, and I've called and invited her to dinner 3 times now, and all three times she's been too busy. I feel really bad, because I thought of her as a really good friend too. She is overweight, and I'm not sure if she just cant handle the fact that Im thinner than her now or what. But it really has upset me. ~Debra 270/186/150
Cheri M.
on 1/8/05 12:17 pm - NJ
I wouldnt say that my friends are like that.. they have been awesome during this whole thing. I have noticed my coworkers becoming nasty though. As if I dont exist anymore. They should be happy that I chose to become healthy, but instead they shun me out as if i have the plague. lol oh well.. they are immature and i dont need them in my life. I go to work, will speak to them when its work related, but no longer do we discuss personal items. As for my husband.. well i have noticed that the more weight i lose, the more insecure he is becoming. he gets jealous over every little thing, but its not going to stop me from getting to where i want to be. Its my life, i chose to get healthy for me and for my kids. Everyone and anyone who has a problem with that, do not deserve my friendship.
Most Active
Recent Topics
STILL Fighting
MrsJuly · 3 replies · 1115 views
Feeling great after 10 years
missang · 1 replies · 1035 views
HELLO, Hello, hello
JustHat · 3 replies · 1112 views
Old Habits
JustHat · 0 replies · 1179 views