subway sandwich?

stacyr38
on 1/6/05 12:32 pm - rockford, il
I ate half of a 6 inch italian bmt from subway for lunch and then the remaining half at dinner is that too much ? My 6month anniversary is 1/9/05
Debra O.
on 1/6/05 1:50 pm - Chino, CA
I woulda left off the bread and just ate the inside. We go to subway too, and that is what I do. ~Debra
Shelly H C.
on 1/6/05 9:35 pm - New Castle, DE
HI Stacey, because my surgeon wants me to have a certain amount of carbohydrates, I would have ordered the sandwich on wheat, and then removed the top part of the roll. I then would have rolled the rest of the meat in the bottom half. That way you still have some of your bread, but you got rid of the largest amount. A sandwich just isn't a sandwich w/o bread. Just my opinion. I think it is fine though because that means you only ate 3 inches of a sandwich. ~Shelly
Boomkat G.
on 1/6/05 10:18 pm - Magnolia, TX
When we went to Subway I ordered the kids sandwich and only ate about 1/2 of it. I also took the top bread off - just too much for me. I don't think what you ate is too much - did you get it on wheat?
(deactivated member)
on 1/6/05 10:36 pm - 'Burbs of St. Louis, MO
There are some days that I can eat the whole six inch sandwhich (although I'd be miserably full). I think a lot of it depends on how relaxed your pouch is when you eat. Sometimes mine is VERY relaxed, other times it's very stubborn. Yesterday, I had a Subway tuna wrap, ate half for lunch, 1/2 for snack (but I missed breakfast and had a later dinner). You can turn any sandwich into a wrap for 50 cents...and it saves carbs AND calories. Pamela -78
CAROL H.
on 1/6/05 10:40 pm - FAIRBORN, OH
I don't think 1/2 of a 6" sub is too much, but my surgeon warns to watch the bread. Not so much because it's a carbohydrate, but more so because it takes up "tummy space" that could be used for protein. I got a 6" spicey italian sub the other night and just ate the inside. My dogs loved the sub bun! Carol 365/260/165
deeno
on 1/6/05 11:09 pm - Kokomo, IN
You can also turn any sandwhich into a salad, too. The wraps are good, too. Diana **as far as if the sandwhich is "too much"---of course, ask your doc. If you're wondering if other 6 monthers out there can eat that much, from personal experience the answer is "yes". I haven't gone to Subway since my surgery, but I know I can eat that much. I'm going to be discussing it with my surgeon this month at my follow-up.
Boomkat G.
on 1/6/05 11:18 pm - Magnolia, TX
Diana, I know my surgeon said don't worry about how much you eat - it's WHAT you eat...but I still do...
IrishIze
on 1/7/05 2:33 am - NJ
Personally I don't think 1/2 of a 6 inch is too much, although **for me** the bread is too much. I have a hard time with breads and wraps. They just don't sit well in my pouch. I've been trying some Sahara carb control wraps, and can only get about 1/4 toasted down before I start getting 'that feeling'. I think it's always best to check with your dr. or nutritionist if you're unsure about what you're eating. My doc's mantra is 'protein first, protein first, protein first'!!! Hugs, Nancy -88
dawn1973
on 1/9/05 9:00 am - Walkerton, IN
I guess I can't tell you for sure because our plan doesn't yet allow us to consume bread so I would only be eating the insides too.
Most Active
Recent Topics
STILL Fighting
MrsJuly · 3 replies · 1115 views
Feeling great after 10 years
missang · 1 replies · 1035 views
HELLO, Hello, hello
JustHat · 3 replies · 1112 views
Old Habits
JustHat · 0 replies · 1179 views