Weight Train Losing Speed

bobby s
on 1/6/05 9:44 am - Central, FL
Well, I've hit my 6 month anniversary. I posted my worst month of weight loss so far....14 pounds. Is everyone else slowing down? Bobby (-145 with 112 to go)
Tara118
on 1/6/05 10:17 am - Trenton, OH
First of all...happy 1/2 re-birthday Bobby!!! You have done an amazing job. Don't let yourself get down. -145!! That is awesome. Just keep up the good work. It may be a little slower now but it's still coming off. Tara 305/208/170 -97
cindy m.
on 1/6/05 10:26 am - Trenton, MO
Hi Bobby!!! Happy Anniversary!!!!! You are doing fantastic!!!! -145 in 6 months .......incredible!!!!! ........-14 pounds in 1 month great!!! I've slowed down too but still going at a good pace!! losing slower is much better than gaining or being at our heaviest. It'll come off!!! Take care ~cindy~ -100 352/252/140ish
Janette
on 1/6/05 11:09 am - Peoria, AZ
Hi Bobby! I am also in a slowdown which I expected especially since I have been a fast looser. All the yrs of dieting etc never gave me even close to what I am loosing now. The first 6 months a very often referred to as the honeymoon phase. I have done very little exercise because I couldnt but I have joined a gym to start in a few weeks with water aerobics as I know I can do that. I also started this week again with keeping a food diary esp since I have been on a cracker at bedtime kick. I eat 10 ritz crackers every night before going to bed but I eat very liitle during the day. I still have not had anything sweet even during the holidays...no bread...pasta...rice noodles etc...just those darn crackers. I still need to lose at least 80lbs and not a day goes by I do not worry the weight lose will stop. IWe just have to stay with the rules and pray!!!! Janette RNY 7-13-04 363/236 -127lbs
Debra O.
on 1/6/05 11:35 am - Chino, CA
I was always told that the 1st 6 months were when the most of the weight came off. After that you had to really work to get the rest off. Nobody said this was gonna be easy. But wow you've lost 145 lbs..that is so awesome. Could you have done that without this surgery? COngrats. ~Debra
bobby s
on 1/6/05 1:39 pm - Central, FL
Thanks for the encouragement everyone!!! Don't get me wrong...I am not disappointed. I just have those demons that keep telling me "you're not gonna lose it, fatty!!!"
Boomkat G.
on 1/6/05 10:23 pm - Magnolia, TX
My 6 month anniversary is Jan. 26th. I have slowed down too - the scale barely moves these days, but I am still constantly buying smaller size clothes. I just bought a size 8 jeans about 2 weeks ago, wore them a couple times and they were tight - and I haven't worn them in about a week- but when I put them on yesterday morning - they were loose. So I guess I am still losing inches, even if the pounds coming off have slowed way down. MY husband is always calling me saggy butt now - cause when my jeans get too big - it looks like I had an accident in my pants. My doctor told me that the 1st 6 months are the most crucial and that's when we lose the fastest, so don't worry - it will still come off, just not as fast cause our bodies are getting used to the new lifestyle.
(deactivated member)
on 1/6/05 10:41 pm - 'Burbs of St. Louis, MO
Well, I've only had one month when I lost OVER 13lbs...my second month. Last month, I lost 9, darn those holidays! I seem to still be on a steady pace, but then, I never did have a miraculous beginning weight loss. Hey, maybe now us slow but steady losers will catch up to you fast losers! Seriously, though, it's normal to slow down after 6 months. My dietician said that 6 months is when the starvation mode can start kicking in, so you've got to eat more often and exercise regularly, including lifting weights. Pamela -78
Boomkat G.
on 1/6/05 11:19 pm - Magnolia, TX
What's the "starvation mode"?
deeno
on 1/6/05 11:16 pm - Kokomo, IN
Well, I've only lost ~3 pounds since 10/28. I'm not freaked out yet, but it is high on my list of stuff to discuss with my surgeon. I've refocused on making sure I get my multi-vitamin, calcium, and protein. I've always been a pretty good girl with the water/fluid issue. I've got about 40 pounds left to lose, so I'm doing pretty good over-all. Looks like you're doing pretty well yourself! Diana
Most Active
Recent Topics
STILL Fighting
MrsJuly · 3 replies · 1115 views
Feeling great after 10 years
missang · 1 replies · 1035 views
HELLO, Hello, hello
JustHat · 3 replies · 1112 views
Old Habits
JustHat · 0 replies · 1179 views