6 ounces?

Tanja Y
on 1/6/05 1:17 am - Wahiawa, HI
Normally I don't buy Dannon Light 'n Fit yogurt but couldn't find my normal brand at the store. I can usually eat the whole container of my brand, and I think it's 5 ounces. But today I ate 6 of the dannon in one sitting and it really surprised me. Normally I feel stuffed after eating my brand of yogurt but today I don't feel the same stuffed feeling. But then dannon is a lot thinner so could that be it? That's what I'm hoping, that since it was thinner it was 'draining' from my pouch as I ate it. I dunno, I just don't like the idea that I could sit and eat 6 ounces of something in one sitting. ~Tanja -118 pounds last time on scale which was a month ago
IrishIze
on 1/6/05 2:35 am - NJ
Tanja - I find that I can eat 6 oz of something depending on the density or consistency of it. I eat Atkins Carb Countdown yogurt which comes in a 6 oz. container and I usually add some Isopure protein powder to it, yet there is no way I can get down even 3 oz of fish or chicken, so I really think a lot depends on the density of the food. BTW - 118 lbs as of a month ago....girl, are you doing GREAT!! Hugs, Nancy -87
houstondoll
on 1/11/05 11:33 am - Houston, TX
See this is why I feel like I am doing everything wrong.... You mentioned 3oz of fish... Now when you say 3 oz are you weighing it on a scale or measuring via a measuring cup all cut up? I think I have stretched my pouch over the Christmas break... I can by a grilled chicken sandwich from McDonalds and eat the whole peice of grilled chicken. :-0 I am soo scared now! Because I can not only do that but eat a little of the lettuce and even 1/2 of the bottom bun afterwards.... Does that seem like an awful lot????? I can fix a package of oatmeal and eat all of it (perhaps leaving 3 bits)... now thats a 2/3 cup of OATS! Aren't they suppose to expand and YES I can eat a whole container of yogurt!!!!! I almost feel like I am on a course of self-sabbatoge..... PLEASE LET ME KNOW IF YOU RELATE or if I AM eating too much.....
jcordell
on 1/6/05 4:47 am - TX
Tanja, I read on another board that a fully healed pouch can hold from 1 to 1.5 cups. I guess as we progress, we look at volume over weight. I am a little surprised at the amount of food I can eat now versus when I first had surgery, but am thankful that it is nowhere near what I used to eat. Of course, yogurt is thinner, and could not be sitting in your pouch as long, so you may be able to eat more of it than something dense... BTW, your weight loss is amazing! Keep up the GREAT work! Jeff -100
Most Active
Recent Topics
STILL Fighting
MrsJuly · 3 replies · 1115 views
Feeling great after 10 years
missang · 1 replies · 1035 views
HELLO, Hello, hello
JustHat · 3 replies · 1112 views
Old Habits
JustHat · 0 replies · 1179 views