How to Break a Plateau...

IrishIze
on 1/6/05 12:54 am - NJ
This was posted by Princess Splenda on the main board ~ I understand it's been around for awhile, so I'm going to copy it down for future reference!! How to break a plateau #1 - Do this for 10 days to break a plateau #2 - Drink 2 quarts of water a day #3 - You must have 45 grams of protein supplement and all your vitamins/minerals supplements each day (some suggest at least 60 and up to 80 gr) #4 - You may consume up to 3 oz of the following high protein foods, 5x a day beef pork chicken turkey lamb fish eggs low fat cheese cottage cheese plain yogurt or artificially sweetened (?) peanut butter beans/legumes You may also have: sugar free popsicles tea or coffee sugar free soda sugar free jello broths/bullion (sp?) crystal light drinks #5 - If it's not on the list, you can't have it for 10 days!!!! #6 - Keep a food diary and try to get up to 30 mins of exercise daily Hugs, Nancy -87
jcordell
on 1/6/05 4:50 am - TX
Nancy, Thx for the info! Up until yesterday, I was stuck in plateau hell!!! Today, finally, I dropped 2 pounds. I will certainly keep this handy for future reference! If any of you guys try this and it works or you have input, keep us posted!!! Jeff -99
JustHat
on 1/6/05 4:57 am - NM
Good information. I finally broke my latest plateau this morning. I know my scale is only an inch high, but I thought I was going to fall off of it when I finally saw 159. And, related to another topic on here recently, I have felt very fat the last couple of days. I am going to stick to the basics of your rules and see if I can not get stuck again in a few pounds. A funny thing looking at it though, half of those things I can't stand (Crystal Light) or can't eat. Last night my son asked if I was sick of jerky yet. I need to try and make some turkey jerky next. Oh and before I forget, does anyone find that they get more hungry when they are using a bunch of fake sugar? I don't so much with Slenda. (Or maybe I just don't notice it as much.) But, with the others, I really do. I remember reading a while back, and then saw it on the pouch rules yesterday, that it affects some people like that. According to the research, eating it tells the brain to expect something sweet. Then when the suger rush doesn't show up, the cravings kick in as your body demands it. I noticed with this last plateua that I was really admiring the sweets. I have some SF candy that I treat myself with on occation. But, I have been wanting it so much more lately. Then I realized that I had been drinking more CF Diet Coke lately. I cut out the cokes and the cravings are back under control.
(deactivated member)
on 1/6/05 10:46 pm - 'Burbs of St. Louis, MO
To speed up my loss, I'm going to try adding a protein supplement again. ICK! But my dietician said that the higher the protein, the more you tend to lose because your body prefers to use fat as energy instead of protein. Originally, she wanted all of my protein through food. Now, she wants my 50g through food, but wants me to add supplements to get beyond that. Guess I'm going to be seeking out a good protein shake! Pamela -78
Most Active
Recent Topics
STILL Fighting
MrsJuly · 3 replies · 1115 views
Feeling great after 10 years
missang · 1 replies · 1035 views
HELLO, Hello, hello
JustHat · 3 replies · 1112 views
Old Habits
JustHat · 0 replies · 1179 views