Am I eating too much?

Vivi *.
on 1/4/05 11:22 pm - clermont, FL
Guys, I am 5 months post op and affraid I am eating too much, I have very long days and sometimes I don't get home till 11 pm... Here is what I usually eat, besides, sometimes I find myself reaching for a spoon of peanut butter here and there... what do you think???? 7 am B- 1 egg, 1/2 Atkins small wheat pita (or) 1 egg + cheese 9:30 am S- 1/2 low carb/low fat yougurt + 1/3 cup low fat granola 12 pm L- Small Wendy's chilli 3 pm S- 1 cheese stick + 1/2 cup straberries 6 pm D- 1/2 Atkins small wheat pita, 1/3 cup baked chicken breast + shreded cheese 8 pm S- 1/2 low carb/low fat yougurt + 1/2 cup raw cherries 10:30 pm S- SF popcicle (or) cheese & shreded wheat crackers (about 5) -Vivi
IrishIze
on 1/5/05 12:19 am - NJ
Vivi - I have long days too, and while I could probably go most of the day without eating, when I finally sit down to relax at night I want to eat all the time!! Have you tried logging your meals onto fitday.com? I try and log on everything I will eat that day, so I know where I'm at most of the times. There are times that I juggle back and forth - "'nah, I don't want meatloaf, I'll have a Boca Burger instead", but for the most part I like to know how much I can still eat without going over my personal limits. I really try to stay under 800 calories, watch my carbs and get in my protein - so I don't eat much in the way of breads, fruits or veggies. Hugs, Nancy -87
Vivi *.
on 1/5/05 12:21 am - clermont, FL
Hi Nancy, I tried fitday.com, but they do not thave the counts for the low carb products I buy. I cannot leave without fruits... I am a fruitaholic! (and a cheeseaholic too!!) -Vivi
IrishIze
on 1/5/05 12:42 am - NJ
Vivi - I use low carb products too, so what I do is make custom foods and only put the net carbs in the carb column - then I don't put anything in the fiber column. That gives me a pretty good idea. N.
Janice R.
on 1/5/05 7:09 am - Chesterton, IN
Hi ViVi, Are you loosing weight? Janice 330/238/150
Vivi *.
on 1/5/05 11:32 am - clermont, FL
Not really... I was pretty bad the past few weeks and I have gained a good 4#s, already lost 2, but I am so sad about gaining... I never imagined I could gain after WLS... I hope to start seeing serious weight loss soon. Vivi
(deactivated member)
on 1/5/05 7:49 am - 'Burbs of St. Louis, MO
Really, it doesn't sound like you're taking in too much. It may LOOK like you are, but when you consider the small amounts at each time... My dietician said yesterday that I should still be eating somewhere between 1/2 and 3/4 cup at a time for my meals. She said it was fine to add snacks, and those need to be 50% of what your meals are. All meals and snacks MUST contain some form of protein, even if it means drinking a glass of milk with some crackers. I hope this helps! Pamela
LTruesdale1980
on 1/6/05 1:11 am - Orange Grove, TX
I was. . .well still am at times. ..doing the same thing you are. I worry that I eat too much. Because I can eat 2or 3 of the smallest slices of pizza (which I have only had twice since before surgery) I go nutso. Or if snack throughout the day I getparanoid. It is all part of the process. My doctor said that I am doing fine. Lisa
sradcli74
on 1/7/05 5:40 am
I feel like you too. Sometimes I feel like I am eating way too much. I only feel like this around that time of the month but so far I have not gained anything. I usually do 3 meals and two snacks. Just make sure you eat healthy snacks and if you question it...go to your dietation. Good luck
Most Active
Recent Topics
STILL Fighting
MrsJuly · 3 replies · 1114 views
Feeling great after 10 years
missang · 1 replies · 1035 views
HELLO, Hello, hello
JustHat · 3 replies · 1112 views
Old Habits
JustHat · 0 replies · 1179 views