Buying clothes is fun now!

Tanja Y
on 1/4/05 5:51 pm - Wahiawa, HI
The other day hubby and I were strolling thru Wal-Mart and found a clearnace rack of some cute long sleeved t-shirts, plus size on sale for $5. Out of habit I started digging thru them looking for their largest size in black. Joe reached over and grabbed a red one and said he liked that one so I told him to look for a 26/28. He just looked at me and asked me if I planned on wearing it as a nightgown. Took me a second to realize what he meant. 26/28 is what I would have bought before surgery and then taken it home and stretched it. Now ithat size is too big. I ended up buying a red 22/24 and it's loose on me. I about fell over when I tried it on, over the shirt I had on and it fit with some room to spare. Dh wanted me to get a 20/22 but I just couldn't quite force myself to buy one that small. I have always hated tight shirts and hate them even more now that I've lost weight. Once we got home I had to fight the urge to go back and buy even more in all the other colors. There's just something about being able to go into Wal-Marts and buy clothes. Something I havn't been able to do in a while, and the ones I did buy didn't fit comfortably or look all that good on me. What drives me crazy tho about shopping is that everyone sizes things differently. I've got jeans that are 28's that fit. Other brands same size that they're too snug and one pair of 24's that fit. What's up with that? I went thru my closet today and threw out 3 old pairs of stretched out slacks that were 28's. They hung on me so badly I could have put one of my kids in there with me and had room left over. That felt so awesome, but freaked me out at the same time. I stood in front of the mirror grasping all the loose material and remembering how they used to fit. While I feel far from skinny (I've still got alot more weight to lose) I find it hard to beleive I let myself get as fat as my old pants say I was. ~Tanja
IrishIze
on 1/4/05 10:41 pm - NJ
Tanja - I know what you mean about not thinking you'll fit in smaller size clothes. I went shopping a couple of days ago and kept going to the size I used to wear or one size down; and then I was surprised when they hung on me!! What a great feeling - it actually brought tears to my eyes!!! Aren't we blessed?!?!? Hugs, Nancy -87
(deactivated member)
on 1/5/05 7:53 am - 'Burbs of St. Louis, MO
HOORAY for shopping! I recently discovered that I can put on my husband's "gym" pants, men's XL. I also found that I can wear a 2X t-shirt and actually can get into some size 22/24 shirts depending on how it's made. Still, I feel like I should be picking stuff up out of the 30/32 piles which were pretty snug 78 lbs ago. Can't wait until I fit into my husband's Blues hockey jersey! Pamela -78
Vivi *.
on 1/5/05 12:03 pm - clermont, FL
Oh! Do I know what you mean, I used to pass by Ann Taylor Loft, and did not even dare to enter I thought people would think: "What is this cow doing in here?" Well, my best friend dragged me there the other night, and a pair os size 10 pants FIT ME!! I almost cried... Never in my wildest dreams I thought they would have fit me! God bless Dr. Scopinaro (inventor of RNY) -Flávia
brandnewmw30
on 1/6/05 10:56 am - MERRILLVILLE, IN
I'VE FINALLY FOUND OUT MY PURPOSE IN LIFE AND THAT'S TO BE A SHOPOHOLIC! ISN'T IT GREAT! WE STILL HAVE THAT MENTAL PICTURE OF HOW USED TO BE BECAUSE IT'S SO AMAZING HOW ARE BODIES ARE TRANSFORMING. I LOVE TO SHOP NOW. THE ONLY PROBLEM IS THAT I CAN ONLY KEEP MY CLOTHES FOR ABOUT A GOOD MONTH OR TWO. ANYTIME AFTER THAT, THEY ARE REALLY HANGING OFF OF ME! IM 5'11 AND REALLY ONLY CONSIST OF BOOBS AMD LEGS NOW. WELL I MEAN BUBBA (MY BELLY) HAS GONE DOWN A LOT, BUT I STILL HAVE A WAYS TO GO INCLUDING A TUMMY TUCK! I STARTED AT A SIZE 26/28 AND NOW I'M IN A 16 AND A FEW DAYS FROM A 14. ISN'T LIFE GREAT? WE ARE SO BLESSED TO HAVE HAD THE OPPROTUNITY TO GET ANOTHER CHANCE, SO LET'S ALL STAY STRONG AND NOT LET OURSELVES AS WELL AS OUR SURGEONS DOWN! TENEAHA 319/230/160ISH
Most Active
Recent Topics
STILL Fighting
MrsJuly · 3 replies · 1115 views
Feeling great after 10 years
missang · 1 replies · 1035 views
HELLO, Hello, hello
JustHat · 3 replies · 1112 views
Old Habits
JustHat · 0 replies · 1179 views