Slow Losers

Tracey L.
on 1/4/05 4:30 am - Concord, CA
Hey Slow Pokes, I'm off to the scales today to see if I've progressed. Tried to jump start things by being more diligent with protein. For me that means regular protein drinks. My poison of choice is GNC Protein 95 made w/ soy milk and fresh fruit w/ no sugar added. I feel so much better when I have two of these a day. It ensures 50mgs of protein, so protein in my diet just adds to it. I'm starting a yoga class next week for people w/ mobility issues. My ass hasn't hit the floor for years, afraid I wouldn't be able to get back up again. With the weight loss and new attitude, I don't care about how I get up off the floor, just that I do it!!!! Tell me what you're doing to jump start 2005 and keep with the program! Healthy Blessings, Tracey in SF 380/Surgery Day 356/272/ one day at a time Lap RNY 7/30/04
Debra O.
on 1/4/05 6:38 am - Chino, CA
I'm just rededicating myself to eating protien, and stayin away from those nasty carbs all together....I got a huge jump start because I got food poisoning last Thursday...I lost 4 lbs in 4 days...Woo Hoo...I guess I got my kick in the butt...lol Im feeling back to my old self today..thanks to everyone concerned. ~Debra
Shelly H C.
on 1/4/05 8:46 am - New Castle, DE
Actually, I am just recommitting myself. I am back to the gym daily 5:30 am. I am not totally removing carbs, but I am trying to keep my daily carb intake below 60 grams. I'll see if it will work. I am not going to rush the scale. Gotta give my body time to adjust to the new shock of no sugar. I am going to check next week w/ the scale to update if it worked or not. ~Shelly
(deactivated member)
on 1/4/05 11:37 am - 'Burbs of St. Louis, MO
My plan is to exercise EVERY DAY and to make certain that I am taking ALL of my vitamins. I'm also going to work on getting 75g of protein, even though 50g is my dietician's goal. And of course, I'm working on that darned water issue that I've been having...I don't drink enough of it! Pamela -78
Tracey L.
on 1/5/05 2:28 am - Concord, CA
Visited the scale yesterday and finally dropped three more!!!! In just four more lbs I'm out of the the 290's!!! Yippee.......
IrishIze
on 1/5/05 3:22 am - NJ
WooHoo!!! Those plateaus can be awful! I'm so glad you're on your way!!! Hugs, Nancy -87
Marcy B.
on 1/5/05 7:07 am - West Bloomfield, MI
YOU GO GIRL!!!!!! I am back to logging everything I eat..and I have stopped grazing. I eat in 3 hr intervals 1/2 c on average. My appetite has been down for days. I mean I have to force myself to eat even 1/2c of anything. Not sure what that is about, and I sure hope it translates to a decent weight loss. I am 2lbs behind you. Maybe in the next couple of weeks we will be under 290- won't that be fantastic? I am setting my goals slow since my weight loss is slow 280 by March 1st my 50th birthday. That's got to be doable... Anyway, congrats! Marcy -72
Traci K.
on 1/5/05 5:51 am - Sullivan, MO
I don't know if I'm a slow loser or not, but I appear to be at a plateau. So I bought the desktop version of FitDay and am using that to log everything (which I wasn't really doing before). It's helping me see where I need to improve - mainly protein. I also started exercising regularly, which I also hadn't been doing. I'm busy - and active, just wasn't 'officially' exercising. We'll see if this moves the scale. Speaking of FitDay, I love their overviews and reports. Here's what it's showing is my average of what I'm taking in. How does this look compared to what you all are doing? Calories: 797 Fat: 38 Carb: 69 Fiber: 7 Protein: 46 So I'm a little low on protein, although my surgeon's goal is 50 grams - so not too far off from that. I do take my multi-vitamin, calcium citrate and a biotin daily. I've also added one protein bar in each day, which are actually loaded with vitamins, in addition to the protein. Traci lap RNY 7/27/04 250/178/140 -72 lbs
Most Active
Recent Topics
STILL Fighting
MrsJuly · 3 replies · 1115 views
Feeling great after 10 years
missang · 1 replies · 1035 views
HELLO, Hello, hello
JustHat · 3 replies · 1112 views
Old Habits
JustHat · 0 replies · 1179 views