Dry Skin

LTruesdale1980
on 1/3/05 11:37 pm - Orange Grove, TX
Okay. .lately I have been itching. Itching, itching, itching. My skin is DRY. I have lotioned it and all. I know that some of it is lack of water. And I know I have to drink more water. Does any know of any good lotions to use? I have been using the Aveeno soap/lotion but was wondeirng if there was somehting else around. My parents are diabetic and my mother uses the Diabeti-derm (sp?) for her dry skin. It is driving me batty!!!!!!!! Lisa
Irene S.
on 1/4/05 4:03 am - NJ
I have had the extemely dry skin when losing weight in the past or during extemely cold dry weather with indoor heating. As I've lost weight this time around, I don't have a problem with dry skin because each and every time I shower, I rub body butter into my skin. Since it's made of all oils, with no water, it doesn't take all the time to rub into the skin that lotion does and it seals the moisture into my skin MUCH better than lotion. If you don't have body butter (or can't find it) don't go nuts - just use vaseline - it's very inexpensive and works well. Here's what I do. First make sure that when bathing or showering, the water temp is not too hot. Try to keep it as cool as you can because this will be less drying to your skin. Immediately after showering, towel dry by patting skin gently. Then apply a thin coat of body butter by first rubbing a small amount all over the palms of the hands and then rub into the skin. It's important to do this while the skin is still moist and soft from bathing. The idea is to seal the moisture into the skin. While increasing water intake will help with the dry skin, I've found that it's the lack of oils in the skin that make that awful dry, itching nightmare. irene
(deactivated member)
on 1/4/05 11:39 am - 'Burbs of St. Louis, MO
Try using a soap with those exfoliation beads. Since my skin has been super-dry, flaky, and itchy, I switched to that type of body wash and face wash, and have noticed a HUGE improvement. I also try to lotion up after every shower, including facial moisturizer. Pamela 352/274/263 by V-Day
MinnieMia
on 1/6/05 9:54 pm - SC
I do the same as Irene except with baby oil. I have never, ever, in my life had dry skin. Still have packages of oil blotting tissue from before surgery when my skin was so oily I had to blot it all day long. But not anymore! I do the shower, pat dry (but I don't totally dry myself off) then slather baby oil all over myself...shoulders, arms, décolletage, tummy, legs, feet...and sometimes I get my honey to put it on my back for me. My face has been dry too so I've been using serious moisturizer for the first time in my life. I've been doing it twice a day and it's been great. I spend half the day putting hand lotion on, too. My skin has been amazing this last coupla months...and I've NEVER liked my skin. Hope you find what works for you! MM
Most Active
Recent Topics
STILL Fighting
MrsJuly · 3 replies · 1114 views
Feeling great after 10 years
missang · 1 replies · 1035 views
HELLO, Hello, hello
JustHat · 3 replies · 1112 views
Old Habits
JustHat · 0 replies · 1179 views