Huh?!!

JustHat
on 1/2/05 5:14 pm - NM
I was at Costco today. As is now my habit, I was checking out the shirts. I saw some that I thought might be what I was looking for. But, they looked like they ran a little smaller than their stated size. While I was holding one up, a lady next to me asked if I thought they were small. She was an average sized woman. I said I thought they might be but was going to try one on. As long as I have someone with me to hold down my other shirt, I will try one on over it. When I got it on, the sizing seemed about right. So, I told her that. Plus, it went a little longer than most other shirts that like to show your belly. That is a good thing. So, her interest is peaked again and she slips one on. Then she said that it must just be her. After all, I am petite. Well, my mouth feel open and I just staired at her. I guess my silence made her uncomfortable from her expression. It took a good 30 seconds for my reply. And, then all I could say was that it had been years since anyone had thought of me as petite. Of course she didn't know what I was talking about and hurried away because she thought I was a nut. I may have to change my name. I don't think I am a hat hiding in a box any longer. Any suggestions? My 5 month anniversary was this last week. My goal was to hit 150 by the end of the year. All was going well until this last month. My weight loss became irregular. Then two weeks ago, I came to a stand still. And, last week I GAINED a pound. Now, that really sucks. I am battleing the same two pounds. I decided to cut carbs back out of my diet. DH is thrilled. He wanted me to stop losing. But, I admit I have become addicted to watching the scale go down. In the past month, I have changed my final goal weight from 150 to 140. And, now I am thinking that 130 might be more fun. My other gripe is that my clothes aren't looking good. The ones that I can find are a bit big. But, I don't dare go shopping again. And, I have two missing pairs of jeans that I would like to wear but can't find. I went to the Airman's attic the other day and picked up a bunch of size 10s and 31s. I had hoped that some of them would fit. But, at least I have something to move into when I get things moving again. As far as my recent body happenings, my belly is depressing. I can stand in front of the mirror and pull at least five inches of skin before my belly looks a little normal. Maybe I should buy a bigger bra and pull that extra skin up into my bra. I need to get away. A girlfriend and I have talked about taking an over night trip to Seattle. Maybe I should get the ball rolling on it. Hat
IrishIze
on 1/3/05 12:32 am - NJ
Hat, I love reading your posts - they are so entertaining!! Love the bra comment - you're a hoot!! As far as a new name, we could find one that would reflect your 'petiteness' - something like Beret or Beanie - or how about celebrating getting out of your hat box with Top Hat!! Personally I think you should change your name to Erma Bombeck Jr.!! Hugs, Nancy -84
Most Active
Recent Topics
STILL Fighting
MrsJuly · 3 replies · 1114 views
Feeling great after 10 years
missang · 1 replies · 1035 views
HELLO, Hello, hello
JustHat · 3 replies · 1112 views
Old Habits
JustHat · 0 replies · 1179 views