Let's GLOAT!!!!!!

deeno
on 1/2/05 11:28 pm - Kokomo, IN
I know we shouldn't compare ourselves to others, but I do it all of the time. This post is a good idea to help me see how far I've come--thanks! Surgery day = 280 pounds, size 22/24 snug...and rising Now = 215 pounds, size 18 loose...and losing! I can wear size 16 jeans and they look good on me, and I am going to try a 16 dress pants this week, too. I wear a 16 skirt...it's snug, but in all the right places. I went from a 2x/3x shirt to a 1x/xl. Man, I am really looking forward to those size 12's your talkin' about Minnie Mia! Awesome! Diana
Julie 22
on 1/2/05 11:46 pm - NC
It is nice to see how wonderful everyone is doing. day of surgery 248 lbs. size 18/20 & 22/24 today 172 lbs. (-76) size 12/14 & Medium tops Life is wonderful. I can't wait until summer gets here & I can buy shorts! Julie 248/172/140
IrishIze
on 1/2/05 11:48 pm - NJ
I started off at 277 lbs, and had just moved into a size 26/28 pants and 3-4X tops. I am now at 193 lbs. and I went shopping yesterday and bought some sweaters in a size L and size 16 pants. When I tried the clothes on I couldn't believe it was me in those sizes. I used to dread shopping because no matter what I put on I felt so unattractive. This surgery has given me so much - health, self-esteem, and most of all hope. I am truly blessed!! PS - I don't own a dress either...or a pair of pantyhose.... Hugs, Nancy -84
cindy m.
on 1/3/05 12:25 am - Trenton, MO
Day of surgery-----352 lbs size 34- 36 pants (tight) size 5/6x tops (tight) Today-------------252 lbs size 22/24 or 2x pants!!!! size 22/24 or 2x tops!!!!!! i still don't think things will fit when I go to put them on, everything looks to small!!!! I have cleaned out my closet & dresser 2x so far (sometimes I hang on to things too long) Now to clean out my garage & donate the clothes! Thanks for letting me gloat outloud!!! ~Cindy~
MargaretD
on 1/3/05 4:18 am - Nashville, TN
date of surgery:238 - pants 2x or 20; tops 2x or 18/20 today:152 - pants 10; tops m/lg I bought a belt this weekend and when i "tried" it on, i just put it around me to see if it would make it all the way around. it did, so i bought it. when i got home and removed the tags and put it on through the belt loops, i discovered that even on the last hole, the belt was too big! i had used the "old" mentality when purchasing the belt...if i can get it around my body loosely then it will definitely fit me. it just never even crossed my mind that the belt might actually be too big. strange days!
Marjoe W.
on 1/4/05 1:50 am - Medford, OR
My kids gave me gift certificates to buy some smaller clothes at Walmart (didn't want to spend too much $ and have them be too big in a couple of weeks). My daughter reminded me "Don't start looking in the plus sizes! Go to the regulars!" Ohhh, that was hard! Surgery day-304, now 200, where I have been sitting for the past week. If I could just lose 1 more pound and get into the onederfuls! Maybe tomorrow! Pants before: very, very tight 22-24, now 16's! Tops were very tight 3x, now large-extra large. Life is Grand!! Marjoe
Most Active
Recent Topics
STILL Fighting
MrsJuly · 3 replies · 1115 views
Feeling great after 10 years
missang · 1 replies · 1035 views
HELLO, Hello, hello
JustHat · 3 replies · 1112 views
Old Habits
JustHat · 0 replies · 1179 views