Suffering Constipation?? Read this...

T R.
on 1/2/05 4:09 am
I posted this on the main board but I want you all to read it as well. I have been in a bad way since I had my surgery in July. Well, I have been one of those lifetime constipation sufferers since birth, but now I really have worries about blockages and obstructions since surgery. Anyway, If you are one of us who suffer, please speak to your surgeon about a product by the name Lactulose (Lack-tew-lohss.) I called the docs office and spoke to the nurse, I explained that I have been getting in 60 oz of water a day, working out 5 days a week and using colace and benefiber and it wasn't working. She prescribed this stuff. I was skeptical but WOW it really works. I am going everyday now, and its not the runs either like most stimulants, and no cramps!! I feel so much better. If you are suffering with this also, please ask about this medicine. It's not habit forming and it doesn't taste bad at all. All I can say is Thanks Be!! Tami 275/198/140
IrishIze
on 1/2/05 4:52 am - NJ
Glad things are moving for you Tami!! Can you get this stuff over the counter or do you need a scrip? I have problems every now and again...having a problem right now - it's been three days and nuttin'. I'm going to try MOM - it usually works pretty well for me. Hugs, Nancy -84
T R.
on 1/2/05 5:10 am
RX only! If you only have occasional problems, or you are easy to dump you may want to try something else. This is basically like having 1-2 tbsps of Karo syrup, but I mix it in water or soymilk. Yes, that stuff my mom use to put in my milk to help relieve my childhood constipation. Without this stuff I don't normally go for a week at a time, and then I have to use MOM or something else. (shudders) I have weak parastalsis in my intestines, so my plumbing isn't very nice to me. However, with this medicine I am having one nice BM a day. I'll take that!! I just hope if someone is out there like me this info will help them. Blockages/obstuctions scare the hell out of me!
winniepooh2
on 1/3/05 4:10 pm - Trail, Canada
Thank you for posting this. I have been contimplating posting on what a person does. I use to take my 3 tablespoons (yes 3 tablespoon, 1 tablespoon three times a day) of metimucil until my surgery, but then I read I should use the metimucil anymore. I have been using the heavy mineral oil when things are really bad (I just went for 6 days without any BM and then had hell for a day) and then use everything I can think of to get things going. I don't know if the stuff you are talking about is available in canada... but I will check into it... enough is enough... I get severely constipated 3 or 4 times a month now... and it isn't a picnic. I just never wanted to talk to my dr. I was worried that he would want to run some sort of test or take a look or something and I just couldn't handle that. I also didn't know that there was anything other then the over the conter rememdies available. Christy M. 360/355/328/140ish Dr. Leung -- AGB -- July 16, 2004
T R.
on 1/4/05 11:12 am
I imagine it would be available there, its fairly common here. Good luck, I hope you get the results you need. I don't think people understand how painful and unkind constipation is, unless you have suffered with it like we have. Just let your doctor know how bad your situation is. It is very important to get this worked out because of the risk of blockages and impactions. I don't want to keep this kind of info for myself when I know there are people out there in need of help. Take care and keep me posted on your results. ((((HUGS)))) I feel for you!!
Most Active
Recent Topics
STILL Fighting
MrsJuly · 3 replies · 1114 views
Feeling great after 10 years
missang · 1 replies · 1035 views
HELLO, Hello, hello
JustHat · 3 replies · 1112 views
Old Habits
JustHat · 0 replies · 1179 views