Throwing up and chills

JustHat
on 1/1/05 6:12 pm - NM
I am just curious of anyone else gets an extreme case of chills when they throw up. I have meant to post this for a long time, but kept forgetting. It isn't as bad as it used to be. But, when I throw up, I need a blanket right away because I find I am freezing. 10 to 15 minutes later I am usually fine. But, the kids know to go get me a blanket when they see me barfing. The only recent twist is that now I sometimes get really hot while tossing and then the chills set in. Anyone else? Hat
IrishIze
on 1/1/05 10:38 pm - NJ
Gosh, Hat - that sounds almost like the flu! Have you had blood work done? I wonder if you're anemic or something. I know I have been running a lot colder than I used to - I was always the one sweating and sitting around the house in the winter in a Tshirt - and now I'm wrapped up with layers and blankets all the time! Why not run it by your doc - I think that's always best. Hope you stop tossing soon.... Hugs, Nancy -84
Rebecca T.
on 1/1/05 10:40 pm - Central, NY
I haven't experienced this, but I do know that I get weak and all of the blood is going to my central organs when I'm sick. Probably what is happening is that your blood is concentrating in the areas that need it most - your vital organs and brain. That can make you cold in your extremities and then...the chills set in to get your blood moving again. When I get sick, the blood drains from everywhere, it seems, and I get very weak but not cold. It's really the same idea, though (I rarely ever get cold). I wouldn't worry about it unless it leads to a fever....
SpyderS
on 1/2/05 12:37 am - Swedesboro, NJ
Sounds like dumping to me. Spyder
Most Active
Recent Topics
STILL Fighting
MrsJuly · 3 replies · 1114 views
Feeling great after 10 years
missang · 1 replies · 1035 views
HELLO, Hello, hello
JustHat · 3 replies · 1112 views
Old Habits