Why??????

Sue G.
on 1/1/05 4:30 am - Aurora, NE
Why does it seem like the weight just drops off some people and then there's people like me who have to struggle for every pound ??? I have stuck very closely to my Dr's food plan. I eat 3 small meals a day (mostly protein) and two snacks consisting mostly of string cheese 1 oz for the protein in it. I walk three times a day for a total of 30 mins or more. (I break it up becuz of arthuritis in my knees) I have been drinking crystal lite with one scoop of protein in it (twice a day) for 12 extra grs of protein per day. (70 or 80 grams of protein total per day) Which also helps with fluids. With what I'm eating and drinking and excercising I could have lost weight without having to go thru the expense and pain of having the surgery to begain with!!!!! I'm working harder now then I ever did before on a diet and I really resent it. Sorry to vent on everyone but I just read the thread on how much everyone has lost so far and I don't even come close! I'm happy for everyone but I think I better stay away from this board for a while until I get a grip on myself!! I wish you all well and continuous losing and will check back in a few months or so! Happy New Year to you all !! ... Sue
malindagutierrez
on 1/1/05 5:23 am - Union Mills, NC
How much have you lost? Are you staying hungry? Maybe you don't need the extra protein if you are eating enough with food now! That protein has calories also like everything else we put in our body. Don't be so down on yourself I bet you are doing great!!!!!!!!!!!!! Malinda [email protected]
IrishIze
on 1/1/05 7:00 am - NJ
Sue, I'm sorry to hear that you're so upset. How much weight have you lost? Are you a 'lightweight'? People who have less to lose usually lose more slowly. Perhaps you are not eating enough and/or exercising too much. That happened to me and it slowed my weight loss down to nearly a standstill until I realized that I was in starvation mode. I knew that my body was not going to let go of an ounce until it was getting more calories and protein and not burning off everything I put in. I think we have all had to find out what works best for ourselves. If what you're doing isn't working, try tweaking things a bit. Take a couple of days away from exercise or eat 100 more calories per day. I use fitday.com religiously and it really helps me to figure out where I'm at. I hope you'll come back - you're not the only one who's losing slower than you expected, and I'm sure you can get a lot of support here. Hugs and Happy New Year! Nancy -84
Marcy B.
on 1/1/05 7:27 am - West Bloomfield, MI
Hang in there Sue....remember you are not alone. The weight WILL come off! Marcy -72
JustHat
on 1/1/05 5:16 pm - NM
"Why does it seem like the weight just drops off some people and then there's people like me who have to struggle for every pound ???" I can't speak for anyone but myself, but the answer to your question is eating between 100 and 400 calories a day, constant throwing up, not knowing if I will ever be able to eat enough again to substain life, stress from said worry, many extra medical procedures, and having my body eat itself. I am weak, foggy some days to the point of being dumb, unable to eat hardly anything, and a freak by most standards. I am cranky, depressed and all sorts of things that no one wants to be. My butt is saggy and my belly has at least 5 inches of extra skin. Oh, and I barf so often that my family doesn't even care any longer. My kids simply wait until I can catch a breath (which isn't always easy from the violent barfing) to ask me a question. Don't forget it isn't all about the numbers. Sometimes the grass is greener on the other side because the septic tank is leaking. Hat
(deactivated member)
on 1/2/05 12:58 am - 'Burbs of St. Louis, MO
I have to "fight" for every pound I lose, but it's not the same fight I had before WLS. Before surgery, eating right meant being so hungry I couldn't stand it. There were times that I would binge eat and feel guilty and depressed. Excercise was a bad word. And of course, the pounds would come off, but much more slowly. After surgery, eating right means eating good foods that don't make me feel "greasy." I can't eat enough at one time to binge eat, and even if I could, I'd wind up getting sick. I actually enjoy exercise now. And the pounds come off slowly, but much more quickly than if I were dieting. I still have to make the right choices, and I still wish I could sit down and eat a whole candy bar, drink a whole real-sugar Pepsi, or pick up a fast food hamburger. That is where the fight is. But if I can keep my head on straight, this battle is so much easier than if I had never had surgery. Pamela 352/278/200 "content" goal
Most Active
Recent Topics
STILL Fighting
MrsJuly · 3 replies · 1114 views
Feeling great after 10 years
missang · 1 replies · 1035 views
HELLO, Hello, hello
JustHat · 3 replies · 1112 views
Old Habits
JustHat · 0 replies · 1179 views