Isopure - where do you get it?

Traci K.
on 12/30/04 8:51 pm - Sullivan, MO
I'm needing to find a better protein drink. I've been using Atkins, as I haven't found anything else I could stand to drink. I did try Isopure at a support group meeting once, and it was fine. Does GNC carry it? I hate to order online and pay shipping, especially if I could buy it locally. Just wondering where you all buy your Isopure. Traci -73
IrishIze
on 12/30/04 9:46 pm - NJ
Traci - my GNC carries it and it's 49.99 for the 3 lb tub!! I get mine at (add the www.) supplementwholesaler.com/ProductBrandList.asp?ManufacturerId=12&OVRAW=isopure%20natures%20best&OVKEY=nature%20best%20isopure&OVMTC=standard It is between 23.99 and 24.99 and shipping is still WAY less than the cost of GNC. I love Isopure 0 carb powder!!! Hugs, Nancy -83
Lalocaweta
on 12/30/04 11:59 pm - Spicewood, TX
GNC carries it - They have Isopure Zero too - which is ready to consume protein drinks. I have tried those, but not the powder. While at GNC - I would encourage you to see if they have the concentrated protein - I know I talk it up all the time - it just is so convenient and really helps me get close to the protein intake goal. There are 18 grams in 3 tablespoons...It does not taste too bad. Not great but can tolerate it. Anne 260/173/150
IrishIze
on 12/31/04 2:08 am - NJ
Anne - I agree, I always have a bottle of GNC Liquid Protein on hand for those days that nothing else will stay down. Nancy -83
Gwen Kennedy
on 12/31/04 2:33 am - Charles City, IA
Vitalady.com has some really great protein drinks also. It is less expensive then Isopure ready-to-drink and I think it taste better then Isopure powder. I buy a powder called Nectar, Fuzzy Navel flavor, and it taste like orange Tang. One serving has 34.5g of protein.
JackieF
on 12/31/04 3:30 am - ObesityHelp Support Group Leader, NY
Hi Tracy, I get my Isopure Zero protein either at GNC or The Vitamin Shoppe. The Vitamin Shoppe has more flavors. Happy New Year. Jackie
carbfreecathy
on 12/31/04 3:08 pm - Michigan City, IN
Hi Traci, My favorite Isopure is the ready to drink, Zero Carb clear glass bottled Isopure. If you order online you'll save Big-Time. You save if you order a box of 12, either individual flavors or a Variety Pack whi*****ludes two of each of the following: Fruit Punch, Grape, Orange, Apple Mellon, Blue Rasperry, and Passion Fruit. I like the variety pack myself There are two new flavors that I ordered recently (not in variety pack). The Mango Peach (a bright deep orange/redish color) is very nice for an orangy breakfast drink and I like it a lot. The other new one is Pineapple Orange Banana (pale yellow color) which is a much milder taste which I also like. My favorite source for purchasing these in bulk (case of 12) is: http://www.nojonetwork.com/twocasofzerc.html They package it very well and have prompt delivery, with ground it usually appears 4 days after I order it. I have purchased the powder but I have been told that you have to drink it after it is mixed up within 30 minutes whereas I can nurse a 20 oz bottle of Isopure Clear in bottles for several hours. I checked with my nutritionists and surgeon's support staff and they said that the open bottle of glass bottled Isopure clear should be potent for up to 24 hours after opening (but I keep the bottle in the fridge and just pour out what I want). If anyone out there has any other information on the potency of these products please post. I have also been told that we can only absorb 30 grams of protein at a time so I usually divide my 20 oz bottle (40 grams) in half and drink it 10 ozs at a time, at least 2 hours apart. I usually drink it straight but enjoy it over ice in a pretty glass for a festive change. Some people don't like these premixed drinks but I swear by them. I start my day with one and often have a second in the evening while taking my fistfull of supplements and medications. I hope you find this source of protein as helpful as I have. I too was an Atkins devotee but wanted to find a better source and am sold on Whey. Cathy Open RNY 7/26/04 302/223/145
Vivi *.
on 1/1/05 3:59 am - clermont, FL
Hi Traci, I tried Isopure and the 'chalky' after taste made me gag. I would suggest you try it first before you buy tons of it... Some people like it, I personally cannot stand it! Good luck! -Flávia
Most Active
Recent Topics
STILL Fighting
MrsJuly · 3 replies · 1114 views
Feeling great after 10 years
missang · 1 replies · 1035 views
HELLO, Hello, hello
JustHat · 3 replies · 1112 views
Old Habits
JustHat · 0 replies · 1179 views