No more long shirts for me!!

Tara118
on 12/30/04 7:44 pm - Trenton, OH
In the past couple of weeks I have had 2 people ask me when I am "due". It happened again yesterday. I know yesterday I had a shirt on that was a long button up shirt and it was a little big. I still was devistated. Both people were family members of residents at the nursing home I work at. When the first person said it she was very embarrassed when I said I wasn't "due". Yesterday this person had been very rude to me off and on all day. He was trying to be nice again then asked me that "question". Not only did I tell him I wasn't due but I had just lost 91lbs. He was 330lbs himself so he asked how I did it and I told him. He had a lot of questions about WLS afterward. Still, in my head I am thinking...What the heck?? I told my sister last night and she thinks because my face and neck has gotten so much smaller but I still have a little "pooch" in my stomach people may be thinking the pooch is from a pregancy. I don't know, I just know the shirt I had on yesterday will be in the Goodwill or clothing exchange stack. Thanks for letting me vent!!! Happy New Year!! Tara 305/214/170
IrishIze
on 12/30/04 9:56 pm - NJ
Gee, I'm sorry that happened. I always carried a lot of my weight in my tummy area, so I was asked that a lot - it never got any easier and I never found a good response. I did learn NEVER to ask the 'when are you due' question of anyone unless I know for sure that they are pregnant. Hugs, Nancy -83
Most Active
Recent Topics
STILL Fighting
MrsJuly · 3 replies · 1115 views
Feeling great after 10 years
missang · 1 replies · 1035 views
HELLO, Hello, hello
JustHat · 3 replies · 1112 views
Old Habits
JustHat · 0 replies · 1179 views