tricks to remember vitamins

Rebecca T.
on 12/30/04 6:53 am - Central, NY
I have a terrible time remembering to take all the vitamins. Does anyone have a trick or method they use to remember them? I always remember to take my mulitvitamin in the morning with the bc pill, but it's downhill from there with the other multivitamin and calcium. I don't want to end up sick - you know what my new year's resolution will be!
bunnymorris
on 12/30/04 12:51 pm - Georgetown, TX
RNY on 07/22/04 with
I take Optisource chewables and I have to take 4 a day. I was always forgetting one or two so I called my dietician and she said to chew two in the morning and two at night. That has helped me. Or I will slip them in my pocket. When I put my hand in my pant pocket I feel them and remember to take them. It is hard. It has to become routine. I lay out the 2 in the a.m. with my other pills and then leave the bottle out so I will remember them at night. Good luck, Bunny
carbfreecathy
on 1/1/05 2:39 pm - Michigan City, IN
Hi Rebecca, Since I have to take Iron supplements and they can't be taken 2 hours before or after Calcium (which I also take separately in addition to my multivitamin) I found that I must use my own food log to check things off. I have used my own variation of a food log for many years to help me keep control of my diabetes. Anyway I always have my printed form to check off which pills I must take daily. Since I take a total of 22 tablets (including 4 prescription meds) daily this is the only way I can be sure to take what I need to stay healthy. So far my labs are excellent, after initial tweeking with my surgeon's nutritionist. Remember that for your calcium you can only utilize 500 mg at one time so you must space it out and don't forget that you need both Vit. D and Magnesium to get full benefit from your calcium dose. I did find it helpful to begin my day, bedside (before I even dress), with my Iron, Multivit/min Pill and Vit. C which all work together well. I write down when I take them and then I can start my calcium regemine 2 hours later. Thereafter I take my other calcium after lunch and after dinner. I take my Vit. D. all at once and my Magnesium is combined with my Calcium tablet so I don't have to take extra. Your multivitamin contains Iron, usually. Don't take your Calcium within 2 hours of it. You're smart to ask when in doubt. You don't need osteoporosis and I hope my method offers some help. Cathy 302/223/145
Rebecca T.
on 1/1/05 10:37 pm - Central, NY
Thanks for all of the information! I think I will try the food log - I know I'm not eating enough so that will help me to figure that out as well. Thanks for the information!
Most Active
Recent Topics
STILL Fighting
MrsJuly · 3 replies · 1114 views
Feeling great after 10 years
missang · 1 replies · 1035 views
HELLO, Hello, hello
JustHat · 3 replies · 1112 views
Old Habits
JustHat · 0 replies · 1179 views