Pouch size

JustHat
on 12/30/04 4:19 am - NM
Would anyone care to guess how big their pouch size is now? And, how big was your pouch size right after surgery? I am amazed that some of you are getting everything you need from food. My pouch started out at 1/2 ounce. It is now up to 1 1/2 to 2 ounces. Hat
Janette
on 12/30/04 4:55 am - Peoria, AZ
I can only eat 2 ozs and sometimes less. If it is a water type vegetable maybe a little more. Janette RNY 7-13-04 363/240 -123lbs
Sue G.
on 12/30/04 4:55 am - Aurora, NE
I believe my Dr said my pouch was the is size of an egg about 2 oz after surgery now I don't know he said I should be able to eat 1/2 to 3/4 Cup of food for a meal and that's about right for me. I can get most of the protein I need from food but also add protein drinks but with less protein in them. I would guess it depends on the doctor. He told me he by-passed the maximum amount of small intestine for the rny. This is probably why I'm losing slower than most becuz I started out with and have a larger pouch than most. I still eat way .. way less than I did before surgery and am satisfied with the smaller amounts.
IrishIze
on 12/30/04 5:01 am - NJ
I don't really know how big my pouch is, but sometimes it seems like I can eat way too much. I have been able to eat 4T of ricotta cheese, a meatball and some melted mozzerella cheese in about 25 minutes...doesn't that seem like a lot? I've kind of been stressing about it....sometimes it seems like I never get full. Hugs, Nancy -81
AngelFlyingHappy
on 12/31/04 5:09 am - Oxnard, CA
My doctor's protocol we should be eating between 4 to 6 ounces of food per meal. I think we forget that if you chew your food like we are suppose to then our pouches hold what we eat. I am always full and very satisfied and my weight loss has been steady. Slow some weeks, but steady. Michelle 355/256/140
Most Active
Recent Topics
STILL Fighting
MrsJuly · 3 replies · 1114 views
Feeling great after 10 years
missang · 1 replies · 1035 views
HELLO, Hello, hello
JustHat · 3 replies · 1112 views
Old Habits
JustHat · 0 replies · 1179 views