OK EVERYONE, LETS JUMPSTART OUR WEIGHT LOSS!!!!!!!!

emmalousmom
on 12/29/04 1:37 am - Wawa, Canada
Hi everyone, with Christmas and all things have been alittle harder, eating some things I know I shouldn't and not getting my protein drink in for the last 4 days! And I feel it. So for everyone who has slowed or is in a slump. Lets get ourselves back into ketosis this week. It will be easy, we will give our bodies that jumpstart it needs. This is how I and you can do it, start by using fitday.com, if you don't already, it is very easy. Our main goals this week is to cut the carbs so we can go back into the fat burning mode and jumpstart our metabolism again. Are you with me? #1, we need to get in at least 70 to 80grams of protein, that is the minimum, so to do that you probably like me and need a shake, i use optimum nutrition with milk to make 33gr per drink. #2, we need to cut down the carbs to around 30grams #3 get your water in, 64oz per day #4 take your vitamins #5 do some sort of movement at least 3 times this week If you up your protein and down your carbs, within three days you should be going into ketosis. I would like everyone to log there food on here each day, and weigh yourself only once a week. We can help each other with protein choices and how to cut back on the carbs. Tracy Love I want to start this for all of us, but I was thinking of you. Give this one week, and see how you do, email me if you need too. So everyone, lets jumpstart out of the holiday season, get rid of all the junk food now! I did and am happier for it. Here we go!!!!!!!! Louise 255/166/150
Shelly H C.
on 12/29/04 9:54 am - New Castle, DE
Hi Louise, I am on board. I am having the worst time with carbs. I am in. ~Shelly
samyrna
on 12/29/04 9:56 am - Sanford, MI
Ok, Louise, I need a jump start, I just joined fitday, and it looks like something that I need, I was hopeful that more would join us, but maybe later, after they see how well we are doing, LOL The junk food, ( holiday food) is out the door, to heck with New Years, we stay home anyway, so not planning any snacks for that. I will take your help, if you are willing, I have been a slow looser, but i'm proud of what I have done,. Should we weigh on Wed, ?? or what day do you want?? Myrna
emmalousmom
on 12/29/04 10:21 am - Wawa, Canada
That's great gals, today has been a great day, finally, i will post on the what did you eat today post. I did weigh in today but I usually go on Mondays, whatever works for you. Everyone is welcome to jump aboard, this will be great! Louise
samyrna
on 12/29/04 10:34 am - Sanford, MI
Lets just stick with Monday, It is good for me .if it is for everyone else, Myrna
Ilva K.
on 12/29/04 10:48 am - NYC, NY
i am in i need this
IrishIze
on 12/29/04 12:25 pm - NJ
Louise, that's a wonderful idea, and Pam is posting the same kind of 'what did you eat' post every day - maybe you can all join in on hers if you'd like....the more the merrier! If you read back a few days we were all feeling the same way - that we had kind of slipped and gotten off track and really needed to recommit. Hope we can all get back to basics and jump start our weight loss again!! Hugs, Nancy -81
JustHat
on 12/29/04 12:25 pm - NM
Count me in. Last week I didn't stray much from my normal habits, but I GAINED a pound. The pounds are getting harder and harder to drop. And, this reverse drop thing really sucks. My nutritionist hates ketosis. But, it works for me. Now that I think of it, my weight loss slowed drastically when she had me add more carbs to my diet. Lunch- 4 small Sweddish meatballs. I ran these through fitday, but I have no clue what size of meatballs they are talking about. So, I figure if anything, this is an over estimate. Protein 22, Cals 294 (ouch), Carbs 12, Fat 17 Diner- One slice Beef Jerky Cal 92, Fat 6, Carbs 2, Prot 7 Later tonight Atkins Protein Shake Cal 170, Fat 9, Carbs 5, Protein 20 Today's totals Cal 557, Fat 31, Carbs 20, Protein 50 I went to the gym yesterday. But, today all I did was walk around Ikea. #1 Failed #2 Good #3 Working on it #4 Good #5 Working on it Oh and my weigh in day is Tuesday. My surgery was on a Tuesday. I like to weigh everyday, but don't get caught up in it. For me, it is a reminder every day to be good. Hat
JustHat
on 12/29/04 12:37 pm - NM
OK, so I posted in the wrong place. I guess what is important is that I outted mysellf. Tomorrow's another day to try and get it in the right place.
bunnymorris
on 12/29/04 2:53 pm - Georgetown, TX
RNY on 07/22/04 with
Ok, I'm in. I haven't gain but certainly haven't lost in 2 weeks. Too many carbs. Tomorrow I will start and go for it. Time to jump start. My hubbie and I did walk 2 miles tonight, I had a protein drink but still think I had too many carbs today. Tomorrow will be better. Thanks for the kick start! Love, Bunny
Most Active
Recent Topics
STILL Fighting
MrsJuly · 3 replies · 1115 views
Feeling great after 10 years
missang · 1 replies · 1035 views
HELLO, Hello, hello
JustHat · 3 replies · 1112 views
Old Habits
JustHat · 0 replies · 1179 views