food and exercise TUESDAY

(deactivated member)
on 12/28/04 10:55 am - 'Burbs of St. Louis, MO
Okay, I'm starting the thread, but don't pay any attention to my list of bad foods. I started the day out great, but it went downhill when we were invited to a impromptu happy hour party at our favorite mexican restaurant (where food was free, and margaritas were 99 cents). B~Whoops! Missed this meal L~a few bites of salad, 2oz chicken breast, 1/3 of baked potato D~tortilla chips and salsa (who knows how many!!), 1 tiny piece of a quesadilla, 1 potato skin, 2 tiny burrito pieces (deep fried, of course), and a margarita S~a couple of pieces of holiday chocolates. FOR SHAME! Okay, I know that drinking alcohol is really a big, bad thing to do within a year of having surgery because of the liver thing. It's also not a good thing for me to do EVER, because as it turns out, it hits me pretty quickly, and I get pretty sluggish for a while. Then it's gone...but I don't seem to get a happy buzz and am quite miserable instead. LESSON LEARNED!!! Exercise? HA! Unless you count browsing the bookstore for an hour as exercise! Tomorrow WILL be a good day, no ifs, ands or buts!!!! Pamela -74
mtparker
on 12/28/04 11:05 am - Lincoln, NE
HI Pamela, I don't think that you should be so hard on yourself. Keep in mind that you do not eat like that every day. Besides we are going to be faced with this for the rest of our life. The thing to keep in mind is moderation. We are on vacation for 2 weeks and it is hard to find food that is cooked health. I am doing a lot of chicken - grilled when I can find it. I have gotten sick a couple of times, but for the most part doing ok. It is hard to find food without all the carbs. Take care Theresa
Marcy B.
on 12/28/04 11:56 am - West Bloomfield, MI
Feelin no pain are we? Lets see now. I woke up with a tummy ache- so the day started out ok... Protein Drink for Breakfast 1/4 baked spaghetti ( low fat) sugar free licorice - 7 peices equal 70 calorie serving- munched on it twice during the day- 1/4 c baked spaghetti ( hey...it was left over) 2TBLS. of ( forgive me now) a Dairy Queen Blizzard. _ I know... I am certifiably insane- and also premenstrual with a sweet tooth that won't quit. 2tsp Bean Dip w/ ff corn chips - 150 cal Ran errands all day and walked through stores shopping...thats got to count for something, doesn't it? Oh...and I made two trips from the garage to the street to take the garbage out ( hubby is sick with a throat infection...which is why the Dairy Queen Blizzard to begin with- ice cream feels so great on a sore throat. But then again its his throat that was sore not mine, so why the hell did I eat that? Pamela- glad you are doing these again- it'll help us all to be more accountable to ourselves. Looking back at this hodgepodge of garbage I ate.....all I can say was " What was I Thinking??
Sue G.
on 12/28/04 3:20 pm - Aurora, NE
Ok it seems I can eat more than most of you maybe that's why I'm losing so slowly ... Breakfast.. 1 (eggbeater) omette with fat free cheese and onion 1 slice low carb sara lee bread (toasted) ... This all amounts to about 20 gr of protein... snack .. 1 string cheese w/wasa bread (sort of like eating cardboard but better than bread or crackers)..cheese has 7 gr protein Lunch.. 3 oz shread beef roast with a small amount of bbq sauce (it helps it go down and not stick in my pouch) also about 3 oz of fat free cottage cheese .. proteins 28 gr snack .. 1 string cheese w/wasa bread 7 gr protein supper.. 3 oz roast .. 1 small baked potato(without skin) two tablespoons of peas .. proteins 21 grs. no junk food I may have sf popcicle before bed for dessert.. I also had Crystal light inbetween with one scoop of protein powder to 16 oz ( it kills the taste of the protein!!) 12 gr protein That's 95 grs of protein...!! I guess thats good not sure of calories tho probably too many ! I also didn't get any excercise today.
IrishIze
on 12/28/04 9:28 pm - NJ
Thanks for doing this Pamela - hey, we're all in the same boat trying to get back on track, so don't feel too badly about what you ate!! I'm seriously toying with doing a liquid diet for a day or two. B: Coffee, Glenny's Soy Chips with 1T lowfat cream cheese L: 1 Trader Joe's turkey meatball with 1 T FF ricotta cheese S: 1 scoop Unjury D: (had people over) 3 Breton Reduced Fat and Sodium crackers with hummus, 5 Wheatsworth crackers with port wine cheddar cheese. Also had a couple of ounces of mozzerella cheese without crackers. S: 1/2 Atkins Advantage Smores protein bar Got in 64 oz of fluids. Totals: 812 calories, 72 protein Didn't exercise yesterday except running errands and the weekly food shopping!! I will either walk with my friend today (luckily it's warmed up) or do the Walk Away the Pounds 2 mile tape. Hugs, Nancy -81
AngelFlyingHappy
on 12/28/04 9:57 pm - Oxnard, CA
I did better than I had been doing so thats progress right? LOL B - 3 apples slices with baked brie L - probably 2 ounces left over turkey and a few cheese crackers One bite of low carb brownie D - Honeysuckle White Turkey Meatballs with Parmesan Cheese S - 1 Unjury protein shake with Carb Countdown Milk All 64 ounces of fluid accounted for......no exercise except for when I was shopping. REALLY need to get back to Curves.
Most Active
Recent Topics
STILL Fighting
MrsJuly · 3 replies · 1115 views
Feeling great after 10 years
missang · 1 replies · 1035 views
HELLO, Hello, hello
JustHat · 3 replies · 1112 views
Old Habits
JustHat · 0 replies · 1179 views