Crazy little pouch!

(deactivated member)
on 12/28/04 10:00 pm - 'Burbs of St. Louis, MO
I, too, was just thinking the other day about how tempermental my pouch is. There are some days when I can eat quite a bit without making myself sick, and then there are other days when a couple of crackers will send me puking. For the most part, the foods that bother me ALWAYS bother me...cereal, rice, and fast food hamburgers. Sugar is the one thing I can't quite figure out. I know I dump in stages, but I can handle sugar in soda and baked sweets (including certain types of candy bars), but if it's caramel, sauce, or cake icing, I'm in trouble. I try to stay away from most sweets anyway, but of course, during the holidays, it's hard to resist! Pamela -74 and retaining LOTS of water!
suzeeq
on 12/29/04 3:22 am - Palmerton, PA
I usually don't throw up hardly ever but that horrible feeling you get when you dump is no fun. I feel flushed and break out in a sweat and feel totally yucky. That keeps me from the real sugar stuff. I still haven't eaten anything today and can't decide what would lay good so I just haven't eaten at all! I know we're not supposed to do that but oh well....Take care...Susie
Patima
on 12/29/04 2:56 am - GA
I have a VERY grouchy pouchy....that's why I named it Oscar! I have yet to understand why a menu works so well on one day, but won't the next! Oscar talks to me .... a lot (growl, grumble, rumble). I just wi**** were a language I could understand, then I would let HIM make the daily menu! If anyone has been able to decipher "pouch talk", please contact me! Patti
suzeeq
on 12/29/04 3:27 am - Palmerton, PA
My big stomach used to talk alot but this new little one is pretty quiet! It's my lower intestines that do all the talking now if ya catch my drift....gets pretty bad sometimes! My b/f deserves a metal some nights! If they had contests for that sort of thing I'd be a good contender...LOL....Take care....Susie
JustHat
on 12/29/04 11:46 am - NM
My pouch and stoma get along with eachother just fine. But, they don't care much for me. And, puking is still a common activity around here for me. But, usually they are just being cranky with me. When they get really ripped at me, it can take 2 or 3 days before I am allowed to eat. During the first day, I often can't have even water. They also don't like food too early in the day. That is getting better, but food first thing in the morning is a no no. That doesn't surprise me since I have never been a morning eater. I have tried most (healthy) foods that don't have sugar in them. The two things that absolutely never are allowed are eggs and hamburger meat. Jerky works fine as long as I don't eat too much of it in a day or two. Oh and I am still limited to about 2 oz of food in a meal.
Most Active
Recent Topics
STILL Fighting
MrsJuly · 3 replies · 1115 views
Feeling great after 10 years
missang · 1 replies · 1035 views
HELLO, Hello, hello
JustHat · 3 replies · 1112 views
Old Habits
JustHat · 0 replies · 1179 views