What kind of crackers are good?

IrishIze
on 12/27/04 10:49 pm - NJ
I am having a few people over this evening and I am just doing cheese and crackers and a dip. Are there any crackers that are low carb or whole grain that are better for us, yet won't taste like a bale of hay for my guests? Hugs, Nancy -81
(deactivated member)
on 12/27/04 11:29 pm - 'Burbs of St. Louis, MO
Honestly, I have no idea what type of crackers would be good. I know that with dip and cheese, thinner crackers are a better choice (than Ritz, for example). I bought crackers called Toasteds which are good (and they have a wheat variety, as well). Happy cracker hunting! Pamela -74
Sandy S.
on 12/28/04 1:31 am - Surry, United States
I have tried the "Toasteds" and they are very good. My dietician told me that the whole grain stuff is better for you, and makes you feel fuller, but I have also tried the buttercrisp toasteds, and thay set well with me! And we had them set out over Christmas, and everyone loved them! Hope your get-together goes off great! Sandy 290/205/165
Debra O.
on 12/28/04 4:01 am - Chino, CA
We shouldn't be eating crackers with white flour like ritz and toasteds, or saltines. If you need to eat crackers they should be whole wheat crackers like triscuit, or wheat thins. ~Debra
IrishIze
on 12/28/04 9:13 pm - NJ
I ended up getting some Reduced Fat and Sodium Breton wheat crackers and some Wheatsworth crackers. Only had 1 serving of each, with cheese and hummus, and since that was my dinner, I didn't feel too badly. Thanks for your suggestions everyone. Hugs, Nancy -81
Traci K.
on 12/30/04 8:45 pm - Sullivan, MO
I eat Triscuits without any problems and they're pretty high in fiber. When my pouch is being picky, I eat Triscuits with cheese and never had a problem. Traci -73
carbfreecathy
on 1/1/05 2:55 pm - Michigan City, IN
Hi Nancy, Sorry I'm getting to this so far after you need the reply but maybe this will help others or you in the future. All crackers are way too high in carbs to suit my diet. I found soy crackers a suitable substitute and full of protein. Sample Breakdown: SoyChips,Glennys 1.3oz bag = 2 serv. Cal:140, Fat: 2gr, Carb:18gr, Protein 10gr I order my supply over the internet, I like the ones by Nutrasystem from Amazon.com too. I know they are also available in most grocery stores, not far from Pork Rinds which contain no carbs but don't have the protein that the soy chips have...not to mention the extra fat that the pork rinds have. They are better than regular high carb crackers of any kind however. If I were shopping for guests as well as myself I'd mix it up and give the guests the good quality crackers and offer the soy crackers / pork rinds / for carb conscious dieters like ourselves. Then when company leaves either foist the left overs on a skinny exiting guest or flush them down the disposal to remove temptation from your path. Sorry this is so late. Cathy
Most Active
Recent Topics
STILL Fighting
MrsJuly · 3 replies · 1114 views
Feeling great after 10 years
missang · 1 replies · 1035 views
HELLO, Hello, hello
JustHat · 3 replies · 1112 views
Old Habits
JustHat · 0 replies · 1179 views