This is depressing

us2bfat C.
on 12/28/04 8:57 pm - selden, NY
hello people 60 70 even 50 lbs is way less then we weighed in july if you were like me weigh****chers doesnt produce those results eventually you will all reach your goals if you follow what your surgeon says its fool proof.. just be greatful that you were able to obtain this tool... there are people out there struggleing with insurance companys that dont even cover weight loss surgery... so keep a stiff upper lip and be patient do what you are doing... it will come off....... as long as your not gaining dont worry... hugs to all Stacy
T R.
on 12/29/04 12:51 pm
Amen! I agree with that 100%! Tami 275/198/140
carbfreecathy
on 1/1/05 3:32 pm - Michigan City, IN
Hi Tracy, I know what you mean. I'm thrilled to be almost down to a size 1X. Notice I say -almost. Yea, I started as a 4X and it's just not within my imagination to think I'll ever be a size 10 and I think a 14 would be svelt in my mind. If I hit a size 16 I'll probably be thrilled to bits. That seems a long way away from where I am now. I'd love to be a part of a slow loosers 7/2004 which just struck me as so similar to 24/7. There is power in support and think we could help each other. There is also a possibility that within the framework of this existing group we could have our own sub-group based on a topic like the challenges for holidays, etc. I'll keep an eye out for your thoughts on this. It would be a shame to hide our growing / shrinking pains as we have so much to learn and share from the larger group. How sad if we go completely separate it would be to make it hard for anyone to benefit from our strugles, which is what this is all about, isn't it? Cathy 302/223
Tara118
on 1/1/05 10:14 pm - Trenton, OH
Well said Cathy!! You have lost almost 80lbs!! That is amazing. I would hate for people who feel they are slow loosers to leave. We all support one another no matter what. Any weight loss is great. If you completely seperate themselves it could potentially be more of a negative experience depending on the attitudes of all involved. A sub group could be helpful. I had infertility problems in the past and I belonged to a group. I would always be happy for those who finally reached their goals by getting pregnant because it gave me hope but there were others who were really were hurt by it. Now, when we post things there are ticklers in the subject line to let others know if there is something mentioned about a pregnancy or sibling, etc. If any of you see a subject line that may bring you down just skip it. Then maybe you can share when you feel you are ready. Not only have we been given this amazing tool for the weight loss but we have also been blessed with this amazing tool of friendship. I hope no one here forgets that we are ALL here to support one another. God Bless!! Tara (Mother of a wonderful 4 year old daughter through In-vitro)
Tracey L.
on 1/11/05 2:31 am - Concord, CA
Hi Tara, I've been infertile as well. In 9 years of marriage/dating, it never happened. I'd been pregnant many years ago and miscarried, so I know it's feasible. The doctors always attributed the infertility to obesity - Now that I'm divorced and the weight is coming off, they stressed to me that estrogen levels become instable making fertility a reality. My OB/GYN put me on the pill in Sept. however last weekend I was rereading a WLS book and it stated that oral birth control can be ineffective while going through rapid weight loss. I was agast. As much as I'd like to be a Mom, I'm only half way through the rapid weight loss, it wouldn't be safe. Back to the drawing board....and the "old school" barrier methods. I'm not a candidate for depro-vera injections/patches. Kinda of ironic that as I'm starting to "get my groove back", feeling sexy and enjoying my body with my boyfriend....now I've got to actually get back into the birth control dilemma. I'm curious about what other women are doing, if ya'all don't mind my inquiring. Healthy Blessings ~ Tracey in SF 359/292/ One day at a time
Most Active
Recent Topics
STILL Fighting
MrsJuly · 3 replies · 1115 views
Feeling great after 10 years
missang · 1 replies · 1035 views
HELLO, Hello, hello
JustHat · 3 replies · 1112 views
Old Habits
JustHat · 0 replies · 1179 views