This is depressing

T R.
on 12/27/04 1:46 pm
I think its awesome that you have lost as much weight as you have. I had my surgery on 7/8/4 and I am only down 77 pounds so far. YOU are doing great for the amount of time. Also, you must consider that you have many (many) more months to keep losing, and you will lose and your skin should fare better as well. I went to your page and you don't say if you take in the required amount of protein, but that is the most important part!! You must get your protein and vitamins in every day to succeed. I have had slalls and slow-downs that depress me too, but you just need to remember that it didn't get there overnight and it isn't going to go away overnight. And who would want to drop 100#s in 6 months?? Not me!! So it all boils down to this: Protein, exercise, water, eating properly/healthier and learning to enjoy the ride along the way! Stop and smell those roses girl!! As I said earlier, I think you are doing awesome, keep up the good work!! (I would also be interested in a yahoo board for us slow losers!) (((HUGS))) Tami 275/198/140
Sue G.
on 12/27/04 3:37 pm - Aurora, NE
Hi Tracey I've posted before about being a slow loser as well. As a matter of fact your doing much better than me. I'm down 58 lbs in a little over 5 months. I'm very concerned that I will not reach my goal. I've resigned myself to the fact that no matter what I lose I could not have done it with out this surgery. Even losing 58 lbs is much better than keeping it!! I recently increased my proteins by drinking extra protein shakes and it did help for a few weeks but I am now stalled out again. I also tried increasing my water intake but no luck. I eat low carb also. I told a friend at work I work harder at losing weight now then I ever did before I had this surgery!! My excercise was off during Christmas holiday and with colder weather (walk outside) so my intentions are to start doing more excercises after the first of the year. ( I really have no excuse I have a treadmill I can walk on even in cold weather). I do the best I can it may not be as good or fast as others but the turtle won the race and I figure this turtle will get to the finish line eventually too!... Sue(number one turtle)
Marcy B.
on 12/28/04 12:55 am - West Bloomfield, MI
No...sue you are NOT the number one turtle.. I am 47 lbs in 5 months. Oh well...slow and steady wins the race.
JustHat
on 12/27/04 7:44 pm - NM
I can understand what your feeling. I have four children. One of them was born with a handicap. I was on a mailing list for women that were due during the same month. As our babies grew, I got to hear about each of their babies doing wonderful things like crawl, feed themselves and walk. I was happy for each and everyone of them. But, it hurt my heart each time my child was left behind. After a surgeries and tons of therapy, my son finally walked for the first time. Let me tell you, that was one of the happiest days of my life. It meant so much more to me than the days when my other children walked. The same was true when he was finally able to feed himself and do other "normal" things. My supoort group circled around us on our happy days as well as our sad days. For you and the other slow losers, when you finally reach your goal, it will be be the same. The victory will be so much sweeter. And, we will all be there to celebrate with you knowing how much you have put into this. Hat
hockeyhottie
on 12/27/04 9:39 pm - Madison Heights, MI
I just wanted to pop in here to make a suggestion about exercise. I can't afford a gym membership and it is very cold outside to walk where I live but a few of us have met at a local mall on saturday mornings to walk together before the mall opens. Perhaps you could start something like that on your state board. I can't always go, but it is lots of fun to have a few folks to walk with when I do. Just something that I thought might help. Smiles, Mel
Tracey L.
on 12/28/04 3:51 am - Concord, CA
Ms Hat~ Your post brought tears to my eyes. Thank you for sharing your experience and the poignant analogy. Although I don't think the two even compare. What strength these life situations must of brought you. My hat is off to you ~ Thank you again, Tracey Love 359/297/160
JustHat
on 12/28/04 4:04 am - NM
"Although I don't think the two even compare" Well, I guess that is because you don't know my son. When I watch him and when I read your post, I see goals and determination. It's all about setting goals and keeping your eye on them. And, it's about sweet victory after you had to work harder for your goals than it seems everyone else is having to. I just wanted to let you know that we are here to support you and celebrate with you because you will make it. Just stay stronge. And, when your not, remember we are here for you. Hat
IrishIze
on 12/27/04 10:15 pm - NJ
Mel, walking at the mall is a great idea - my friend and I do that sometimes too. I also bought Leslie Sansone's Walk Away the Pounds tapes. They come in 1, 2 and 3 mile workouts. The 1 mile takes about 20 minutes and is very easy. I am doing the 2 mile tape right now and it includes exercise balls that are like soft weights. The walks are very low impact for those who have arthritis, etc. I think it was about $35 online. Hugs, Nancy -81
deeno
on 12/27/04 11:45 pm - Kokomo, IN
I'm a slower loser, too. I've lost ~63 pounds since 7/6/04. I really don't feel that the others are "bragging", you know? I mean, I wish I were losing faster, I wish I were wearing a size 16 (almost there, but not quite) or smaller by now. I started out as a snug 22/24, and now I'm a comfy 18. I've seen gals get all excited about losing weight to fit into 24's, and they are just as proud of that as I am of my 18's. I think that's cool. So, I'm floating in the middle--not a 10, not a 26+. I am fortunate that I do not know what it is like to need to lose weight to fit into a size 26. But I do know what it is like to really want to fit into a 16---still a "big" size by most people's standards. So, I can also relate to these "size 10 women" and think to myself "someday....that will be me" and I will shout it from the mountain tops. We're all on the same journey. We just start at different places, and we move at different paces, and we have different ending points. That's life, you know? Anyhow, I have been on a plateau/ stall since 10/28. I may have now just broken that plateau. (keep your fingers crossed for me). Am I bragging? No. Do I want to share my joy with others that will understand this? Yes!! That is what support is all about. Just my 2 cents. I'm here to support you and others and to share in your excitement as well. Lovin' life Diana
Deejay
on 12/27/04 11:58 pm - Sparks, NV
I definitely can relate to the slow losing part, I've come to grips finally that everyone is just different no matter what. I do everything I'm supposed to including workout at Curves 4-5 days a week and I'm still a slow loser. I had a month long plateau that about killed me! I finally just started losing again and I have to say that I haven't cheated during the holidays either, but no matter what I do, I'm a slow loser. I don't have a problem reading about others, but I used to. I've seen others that are slower then I am so I know I'm not the slowest but no matter how fast I'm losing, I am so over the moon happy with the 70lbs I've lost and as long as my scale keeps going in the down direction, I'm happy. One thing is for sure, you definitely have to follow the rules to lose. Hugs, Deejay 257/187/150 -70
Most Active
Recent Topics
STILL Fighting
MrsJuly · 3 replies · 1115 views
Feeling great after 10 years
missang · 1 replies · 1035 views
HELLO, Hello, hello
JustHat · 3 replies · 1112 views
Old Habits
JustHat · 0 replies · 1179 views