Help my appetite has returned with a vengence....

Jessica D.
on 12/27/04 3:15 am - Two Harbors, MN
Hello all, I hope you all had a happy Holidays. Right now I think to say I was struggling would be an understatement. All of the sudden my appetite has returned, either I'm thinking about eating, eating or thinking about food in general. This has been going on since about the beginning of Dec. and at the same time I've been on a terrible plateau, which I'm sure is related. I have no problems with sugar, which is a problem because I have a major sweet tooth. I've lost 88lbs so far and I'm stuck at 188, however I'm only 5'1 so I have a ways to go to be at goal. I'm so afraid I won't lose anymore weight and I've stretched my pouch. Am I the only one going through this? Any helpful suggestions beyond, just have some willpower and push the plate away? Thanks Jessica 276/188/125
bunnymorris
on 12/27/04 8:27 am - Georgetown, TX
RNY on 07/22/04 with
Jessica, my problem is night time. I run so much during the day but night is a time I struggle with. It helps if after dinner I limit myself to just liquids. I drink a protein drink (lemonade or Fuzzy Navel nectar) to get in that extra 23 gr. of protein and then I use fancy hot teas and even a sugar free cocoa if I'm real desperate. When I do this I lose more. It will be hard but commit to one week and see if that helps. I am making a commitment since I've been taking in way too many carbs over the holidays. They are all good but too many (no sweets but too many breads, noodles, etc.) Don't forget that walking. A little is better than none. I will if you will!!!!!!!! Good Luck Love, Bunny -80
Helene W.
on 12/27/04 11:20 am - Lindenhurst, NY
RNY on 07/20/04 with
Dear Jessica, You are not alone! I too have been struggling since before Thanksgiving and have not lost a pound in over a month. My appetite has returned full force and I am ashamed to say that my eating is out of control again. The sugars and carbs go down easily but the protein makes me throw up. I dont know what to do. I also feel my pouch has maybe streched and I am very frightened. I plan to visit my doctors office for my 6 month check up in January and talk to them. This is a scary place to be in after going thru so much. I started at 267.5 and am now 188. I dont intend to give up. I hope you dont either. Good luck to all of us. Helene 7/20/04 267.5/188/>>>
brandnewmw30
on 12/28/04 8:05 am - MERRILLVILLE, IN
Mine has returned too Jessica. That nasty little sweet-tooth has been a major pain in the a**. That's really all that I crave. Some days I'm hungry and theres othersn when I'm not at all. If it's a sweet,then I'll take it. The best advice is to remember how far you 've come and think of how far you want to go. Look at some old pictures and get it ino your brain that you never want to look and feel that way again. MAKE THE RIGHT FOOD CHOICES! GOOD LUCK, TENEAHA 319/234/160
Most Active
Recent Topics
STILL Fighting
MrsJuly · 3 replies · 1114 views
Feeling great after 10 years
missang · 1 replies · 1035 views
HELLO, Hello, hello
JustHat · 3 replies · 1112 views
Old Habits
JustHat · 0 replies · 1179 views