Holiday Eating - YIKES!

Marcy B.
on 12/27/04 8:19 am - West Bloomfield, MI
Yes, Pamela, lets do start that food and exercise post again. I didn't always respond but I read it daily and it was a way for me to compare to what others were doing and keep myself in check. We were all so much more diligient in the beginning, weren't we? We still have to keep ourselves in check- as they operated on our innards...not our brains!! Marcy 367/302/160 -65
Sue G.
on 12/27/04 4:13 pm - Aurora, NE
Ok Ok I'll confess. I made Christmas cookies with my Grandaughter! They were the cut out kind. I tasted one and that lead to two and etc etc. (they were small and made with splenda) but still had the flour fat and calories in them !!! We also got a box of chocolates with nuts. Of course they had protein right since they had nuts ??? Ok I'm back on the wagon now ! Started walking again today and stuck with my usual protein drinks and protein (mostly) meals and snacks (string cheese). Luckly this did not so far effect my weight other than not losing thankfully did not gain. But I'm with ya. !!! .... Sue (P.S. In case you are wondering this is the first time I went over board eating anything like this and no this isn't the reason why I'm losing so slowly up until two or three days before Christmas I have been very strick with myself and have been strick again since the day after)
jcordell
on 12/28/04 10:49 am - TX
Recommitment, here I come. I didn't gain over the holidays, but I didn't lose anything either... Seeing as I have some iron and B-12 deficiencies, those will become priorities along with getting in 64 oz of water and 40 (I know it's bad but its better than I've ever done) grams of protein. Gym...uh, well I go...just need to get on a weight training program and quit messing around with the cardio. I'm starting to look like I have tooth pick arms, and that's NEVER flattering on a guy... Count me in on the recommitment crew! I've got 53 more pounds to lose, and I need to get crackin'! Good luck, ya'll! Jeff
IrishIze
on 12/28/04 9:36 pm - NJ
Welcome aboard the recommitment train, Jeff! Do you supplement with a protein drink or with protein powder added to food? One scoop of unflavored Unjury is 20g of protein, so that would up your intake a lot. Or Isopure makes a 0 carb powder which I add to Carb Countdown milk or yogurt and that gives me 30 g in one shot. Maybe it's worth a try to get your protein up - just a suggestion! Hugs, Nancy -81
Most Active
Recent Topics
STILL Fighting
MrsJuly · 3 replies · 1115 views
Feeling great after 10 years
missang · 1 replies · 1035 views
HELLO, Hello, hello
JustHat · 3 replies · 1112 views
Old Habits
JustHat · 0 replies · 1179 views