Dry Skin???

sarahmartinez2409
on 12/24/04 1:58 am - Modesto, CA
Good Morning everyone.I have been having problems with very dry facial,and back skin.Does anyone have any suggestions?I am trying facial mostiurizer with vitamin E,and cocoa butter.It doesn't seem to be helping.I tried aloe vera also.I am not sure what else to use.Thank you for all the suggestions,and advice.. Sarah M RNY 7/30/04 296/213/140
(deactivated member)
on 12/24/04 6:21 am - 'Burbs of St. Louis, MO
Boy oh boy do I feel your pain...or itch! My face is like sandpaper, and now my hands are starting to feel rough. My whole body itches with dry skin, and my lips constantly burn. I really do not like Old Man Winter! I've been using Clinique facial moisturizer for a couple of weeks, and it works great for the day, but in the morning, I'm dry again. I'm not sure what to do Pamela -74
sarahmartinez2409
on 12/24/04 6:37 am - Modesto, CA
Hi Pamela; I know what you are going thru the itch is awful.The chapped lips are even worse.I heard the olive oil works wonders.My face is dried like an old apple.On one side only....I have been trying the facial cremes,it works ok,but not great.Do you know of any beauty secrets,for dry skin???I will try a little clinique,and see what happens.Thanks for the tip.I am also going to start drinking more water...Take care, Sarah M RNY7/30/04 296/213/140
bunnymorris
on 12/24/04 12:04 pm - Georgetown, TX
RNY on 07/22/04 with
Hi! Wow, I just told my dr. I had a very itchy scalp. He said it had to do with the fats and it was a phase to go through--this too shall pass. He said, Your body has undergone a tremendous change and naturally it is trying to adjust. My skin is better since I lowered the temp of the water while bathing and I put cream on immediately after bathing (they say to pat your skin and then you have about 3 mintues before the pores start closing). I also bought some of that Dead Sea scrub for hands, legs, feet, etc. which is oil based. Makes your skin feel great and then I bought their lotion which is oil based (most lotions lis****er as the first ingredient--does not help dry skin). Hope you find something that helps for you. Have a Merry Christmas! Love, Bunny -80
T R.
on 12/24/04 12:44 pm
I feel your pain! Here is what I have been doing and its been working pretty well. For the body, I use the OLAY Moisturinse, you use it in the shower right after you wash, you do have to rinse this stuff off and it really seems to be helping me very well. It also smells soooo good! For the face, I have been using OLAY Complete Plus (night firming cream.) This stuff is still there in the morning too, so no dry mornings. Also, dont' neglect to use this on your neck too. Bad spot after this kind of surgery. You wouldn't want to have a chicken neck!! These things are easy to buy, just go to Walmart! I hope it helps you as much as it has helped me. Take care, Tami 275/199/140
IrishIze
on 12/24/04 9:16 pm - NJ
Johnson & Johnson came out with a baby oil in a creamy lotion and I have been using that. It has really helped. I have very sensitive skin and can't use Olay or anything with a fragrance or I end up with hives and blotches. The J&J has worked wonders and I can use it on my whole body. Hugs and Happy Holidays, Nancy -83
JackieF
on 12/25/04 8:54 am - ObesityHelp Support Group Leader, NY
Hi Sarah, I have been having the same trouble. I have had especially dry hands to the point that they crack. My PCP told me to ask the pharmacy for AmLactin Moisturizing Lotion. I use it on my hands and they feel better and aren't greasy like the other lotions. I even tried it on my dry legs and it helps also. I found it at Walmart behing the pharmacy counter, I asked the pharmacist eventhough I didn't need a prescription for it. The one I have is made by Upsher-Smith Labs. Hope this helps. Jackie
us2bfat C.
on 12/25/04 10:11 pm - selden, NY
try a sugar scrub first there is a company called perlier and you can find them on the home shopping network use it all over your body then get any cream with almond in it almond is a natural healer it makes my hands feel like a babies hands and mine were cracking if you cant find perlier then get any sugar scrub that exfoliates your skin and makes it feel yummy........ Stacy 232/150/140
Rebecca T.
on 12/30/04 6:51 am - Central, NY
I have bad dry skin as well. When I have time to, I take a long bath and then put plain old olive oil on my skin. It works wonderfully. When I don't have time to...my skin flakes and is terribly dry. The olive oil really is wonderful, and it does not leave your skin greasy at all. I keep it right in the bathroom.
Most Active
Recent Topics
STILL Fighting
MrsJuly · 3 replies · 1114 views
Feeling great after 10 years
missang · 1 replies · 1035 views
HELLO, Hello, hello
JustHat · 3 replies · 1112 views
Old Habits
JustHat · 0 replies · 1179 views