6-month followup; have HERNIA

bobby s
on 12/23/04 1:14 pm - Central, FL
Has anyone else in the July group developed a hernia?
IrishIze
on 12/24/04 9:09 pm - NJ
Bobby, I'm sorry to hear about your hernia. I haven't developed one, thank goodness. What is the doc's recommendation? Hugs and Happy Holidays, Nancy -83
bobby s
on 12/25/04 5:37 am - Central, FL
Hey Nancy, Right now we are going to "watch it". Hopefully it will not worsen so that I can have it fixed whenever I get a TT done (18-24 months from now).
Ted G.
on 12/25/04 11:19 pm - Cleveland, OH
Hi Bobby, sounds like you and I have alot in common-not many of us guys on here that I see.....July surgery,starting weight and those damn hernias (ouch!!LOL!!) as long as you don't strain it too much, you should be ok-I'm having mine repaired in mid January. I have to have mine done sooner because of the work that I do- then do the TT in about a year-I'm lucky huh? LOL! Sounds like your doing very well per your PF......That's GREAT!! Keep up the good work!! I know how you feel .......this hernia stuff really stinks..... but according to my dr. everything will get better-in time. Hope you have a Happy Holiday!! Ted -90 and going!!
bobby s
on 12/26/04 4:31 am - Central, FL
Hey Ted, I agree...we do have a lot in common. But, hey, I'm not complaining. I'll take a room full of women any day I'm sorry to hear about your hernia. Keep us up to date on how things go for you, cool? Bobby (432/293/-139)
Ted G.
on 12/26/04 5:20 am - Cleveland, OH
Thanks Bobby, I'll let you know how it goes. Maybe I can get some Florida advice later(LOL!!) trying to talk my wife into moving there LOL!! Have a good day Ted 400/310/196
bobby s
on 12/26/04 2:00 pm - Central, FL
Cool...come on down. I think most of Ohio is already here anyway Living in Florida pretty much depends on a few things.... 1) How's your Spanish? If it's not good, stay out of Miami and the inner citrus areas. 2) How rich are you? Very....move to the Gold Coast or the Gulf. Medium....Tampa, Orlando, or Jacksonville. Not so much....backwood communities like mine. 3) Don't mind the weather trade-offs. We don't have blizzards, but we have tremendous thunderstorms, sinkholes, flooding, hot summers, and hurricanes....and annoying 100 year old yankee drivers Later
suzeeq
on 12/24/04 9:16 pm - Palmerton, PA
Yes I have developed a hernia. I don't know if I've had it all along and am just now noticing it because of my weight loss or if it just popped out recently. My pcp told me to start wearing my binder again and not to lift or strain myself. I go see my gastric Dr. on the 12th. so then I'll find out what's gonna happen next. Hope yours doesn't bother you too much but I feel it's a small price to pay in return for our weightloss. Mine gets kinda sore at the end of the day if I don't wear my binder. It pops out when I cough or sneeze and I can pu**** back in. So far it hasn't given me any trouble other than looking weird . I call it my alien. Good luck with your alien....Susie
us2bfat C.
on 12/25/04 10:19 pm - selden, NY
yes i have a hernia too and my doc had the same advice for me wait till next visit and see if im going to have a tummy tuck Stacy 232/150/140
bobby s
on 12/26/04 4:32 am - Central, FL
Hi Stacy, Congrats on your success!!! I wish I only had 10 pounds to reach goal. Please keep us up-to-date on your hernia and TT surgeries, ok? Best wishes.... Bobby (432/293/-139)
Most Active
Recent Topics
STILL Fighting
MrsJuly · 3 replies · 1115 views
Feeling great after 10 years
missang · 1 replies · 1035 views
HELLO, Hello, hello
JustHat · 3 replies · 1112 views
Old Habits
JustHat · 0 replies · 1179 views