5 months out and happy

Diane C.
on 12/21/04 10:15 pm - Colfax, WA
It has been 5 months since surgery and I have lost 70 lbs, I know that isn't as fast as some but I am happy with it. The only problem I have is that no one told me not to do any heavy lifting for up to a year, I am now facing surgery on January 19th for a lateral incisional hernia, since it is so close to my last surgery and it is on the incision they are going to cut me open again and will have to spend 3 days in the hospital. Not what I had planned.
Michele M.
on 12/22/04 9:14 am - Phoenix, AZ
RNY on 07/21/04 with
Hi Diane! You and I share the same surgery date =) And guess what, I have lost 72 pounds. I don't think we are slow losers at all, I think we are doing great =) Take care, Michele
GailD
on 12/22/04 9:58 am - Racine, WI
Diane: Sorry to hear about your hernia! But I wanted to say that my surgery date is one week later than yours, and I've lost 68 lbs. I'm very happy about it. Your 70 lbs. is awesome! I think we're all doing great and should be proud of what we've accomplished! Good luck with your upcoming surgery. Take care. Gail D. 252/184/?
Sue G.
on 12/22/04 3:15 pm - Aurora, NE
I share the same surgery date also and no your not a slow loser I've only lost 58 lbs so far. But I'm happy I wasn't able to lose anything before this surgery and I love my baggy clothes I'm sorry to hear about your surgery but I'm sure with your weight loss the surgery will be a lot easier on you this time. Will be praying for you Merry Christmas !!
IrishIze
on 12/22/04 9:17 pm - NJ
Gee, no one told me anything about not lifting anything heavy for a year either...I do heavy lifting all the time!! I'm so sorry to hear about the hernia....please keep in touch and let us know how you're doing. Hugs and Happy Holidays, Nancy -83
Most Active
Recent Topics
STILL Fighting
MrsJuly · 3 replies · 1114 views
Feeling great after 10 years
missang · 1 replies · 1035 views
HELLO, Hello, hello
JustHat · 3 replies · 1112 views
Old Habits
JustHat · 0 replies · 1179 views