I want to eat

houstondoll
on 12/16/04 12:26 pm - Houston, TX
I really really want to eat. TODAY is the first time I have been FAMISHED. I want a regular burger and some fries.... Have u ever felt like this? I wonder if this is the ...u know I have a ?... Are you guys counting the weeks or just month to month. Because my months and weeks aren't the same..... ok but I wonder if this is because I am in my 5th month......(depending on how u count it)....BUT I WANT SOME FOOD> I want to bite into a whole burger ... not just pick at the meat... Ok I've vented... I feel better now
carbfreecathy
on 12/16/04 4:04 pm - Michigan City, IN
I have found that when I get that way I can take that craving away by drinking about 10 ozs of not real hot decaff coffee or tea as fast as I can. It's something I learned from reading Pouch Rules for Dummies. It works and buys me a couple of hours without the thought of food crossing my mind. Of course, YMMV but you might give it a try next time you feel this way. Cathy -75
IrishIze
on 12/16/04 10:05 pm - NJ
I hear you!!! For the first time since my surgery, yesterday was a day that I just wanted to eat all day long. It was actually frightening. I couldn't get food off my mind. I think maybe it has something to do with the holidays - I associate food with the holidays and I guess that's something I have to try and change. Yesterday I nibbled all day. I even ate some potato chips, which I haven't touched since surgery - only about 6 chips, but still, I couldn't get satisfied....and I didn't want protein - I wanted carbs!!! I ate a half of a piece of rye toast, and this morning I wanted a bagel (but didn't have it) I also felt like no matter what I ate, I couldn't fill up that hole. Maybe it's better to eat half of a hamburger and a small amount of fries, get it out of your system, and go on from there. Hoping today will be a better day for all of us.... Hugs, Nancy -81
(deactivated member)
on 12/16/04 10:27 pm - 'Burbs of St. Louis, MO
I sometimes suffer from the "bottomless pit" syndrome, where I want to eat everything, and can actually get in a lot more food than usual. For me, it seems to be more hormone related. You could be having the same type of thing happening. Then, of course, you're far enough out right now that you're getting sick of all this HEALTHY stuff and probably want to liven things up. I tend to give in to my temptations, within reason. Sometimes, giving in winds up making me sick...like eating a fast food burger, which turns my stomach. As for counting my weeks and months...I count the sixth of every month as one month. After all, that's how most dates are counted...mortgage on the first, car payment on the twentieth... Pamela -72
houstondoll
on 12/17/04 1:31 pm - Houston, TX
You are so right... The car payment and mortgage line made me . I see that you have lost some more weight! GO PAMELA ... Boy oh boy, I can't wait to see a update photo ...
(deactivated member)
on 12/17/04 9:57 pm - 'Burbs of St. Louis, MO
Did I mention that all of my payments are chronically late? I'll have an update photo at six months...if I can figure out that darned digital camera! LOL Pamela -74
TweedyBird
on 12/18/04 9:46 pm - Somewhere, AR
Hey Doll, YOu are looking good! I am right there with you. Some days I just want to eat and I crave carbs! Other days, I am just fine. I think this is a part of our journey, another milestone to conquer! Tweedy
Most Active
Recent Topics
STILL Fighting
MrsJuly · 3 replies · 1114 views
Feeling great after 10 years
missang · 1 replies · 1035 views
HELLO, Hello, hello
JustHat · 3 replies · 1112 views
Old Habits
JustHat · 0 replies · 1179 views