HELP

Lisa M.
on 12/14/04 8:54 pm - Holbrook, NY
December 22 is 5 months and I have only lost 76lbs. I want to lose the whole 120lbs. I was 250 and now I am down to 174. I am 5'5". My goad is to be 120lbs. I feel great. I started curves 2 weeks ago. I try to stick with all protein at meals and very low carbs. I try to get them from vegetables. I have not had any junk(potato chips,chocolate, or anything) I have not had any pasta or bagels. I try to get in about 60 oz of water a day. Protein is about 50grams a day. I went from a size 22 to 11/12 I am disappointed because I am not losing like other people do. When does the hair stop falling out. I started taking biotin in hopes that it will help. I take vit c, multi, calcium(carbonate-should be citrate) Well, I did have a few sugar free biscotti. I dont drink 15 minutes before I eat, I resume 1 hour later. What am I to DO? Please give me suggestions!!!!
ErikaL
on 12/14/04 11:10 pm - JAX, FL
Your BMI and Goal Weight Results Your weight is 250 pounds. Your ideal body weight is 138 pounds. Thus, this means your "excess" weight is about 112 pounds. Bariatric surgery might help you lose 75% of this excess weight, meaning you might lose 84 pounds. If you lost 84 pounds, then you would end up weighing 166 pounds. 166 pounds would thus be your "goal weight" for bariatric surgery. Typically bariatric surgery patients lose this amount over the course of a 12 to 15 months, with slight fluctuations and possibly slight regain after that. You are actually ahead of the chart of "averages", Keep up the good work! Erika L
bobby s
on 12/15/04 2:06 am - Central, FL
Hey Erika, Where is that chart at? I forgot where to find it. Thanks.
Micmomof3
on 12/15/04 8:47 am - Jacksonville, fl
IrishIze
on 12/15/04 1:17 am - NJ
Lisa, I think you're doing great! In fact, it seems you're about where most people here are. You've gone from 250 lbs to 174 lbs. and from a size 22 to a size 11/12 - wow, that's AWESOME. I'll bet you're breathing better, sleeping better and have a lot more energy. I'm not trying to be critical, but I find it hard to believe that you are so disappointed and negative when all this good stuff is happening to you!! Try looking on the bright side. You're only 5 months post-op and you've lost nearly 80 lbs.!!! Rejoice!!! Hugs, Nancy -81
Julie 22
on 12/15/04 5:47 am - NC
Hi Lisa! I just wanted to let you know that I think you are doing great. I had surgery on 7-6-04 & I started out at 248lbs. At 5 months out, I have lost 70 lbs. & currently weigh 178 lbs. & I am 5'3". It sounds like to me that we are right there together. I would like to lose about 40 more lbs. myself. Just remember, they say that you lose for about 18 months, so we have both already lost over half of what we want to lose & only in 5 months. Hang in there. The losing may slow down, but even a pound is a loss. As far as the hair loss goes, I can't help you there. Mine has been falling out for a couple of months & is still falling out. Luckily for me, I had enough for 2 or 3 people to start with. You are doing great, just keep doing what you doing. Since we started around the same time & around the same stats, keep in touch & we can keep up with each other. Take care & Happy Holidays, Julie
T R.
on 12/15/04 7:37 am
I am also 5 months out and doing great! Weight loss for me has been slow in my opinion, as I have only lost 73.5 lbs. I am not experiencing the hair loss anymore. I think you need to be getting in more protein, I get in between 60-80 grams a day. I did lose a tiny bit of hair, but started getting in more protein and it stopped. Make sure you are taking all of your vitamins and of course water. I think you are doing fine. You are ahead of me! I am just happy to be losing anything, life has been hard trying to lose in the past. I am using my tool with respect and know that it will pay off in the end. Again, I think you are doing fine. 7/8/4 - 275.5 12/15/4 - 202 73.5 pounds gone forever!! Woohoo!! 62 pounds until I am at goal!!
Sue G.
on 12/15/04 2:36 pm - Aurora, NE
Hi Lisa do not dispair!! I had my surgery the day before you and I'm only down 55 lbs. I was rather depressed about the fact that everyone seemed to be losing faster than me but then came to the conclusion that everyone is different and loses differently. It could be for any number of reasons age, metabolism, body shape, heighth etc etc. You are doing much better than I am. I did however increase my protein lately and have experienced faster loss. It seems everyone is different in the hair dept also, I have lost some hair but not in as much quanity as others. Be patient we're only 4 and a half months out at this point we can lose for up to 18 months and sometimes even longer. Also the hair will grow back. Just keep going like you are and you will get there it took time to put the weight on it will take time to get it off too. Were all here with you !!
Roberta M.
on 12/20/04 2:13 am - Huntington Beach, CA
Sue - you made my day! I've only lost 45 pounds since July 22nd. I thought everyone was leaving me in the dust! Although you've lost 10 lbs. more than I, I still feel much better now! I will try increasing my protein too.
Sue G.
on 12/20/04 3:34 pm - Aurora, NE
I think we should start a slow loser board of our own!! There have been several others that have said they are losing much slower than others. Don't worry I figure the turtle beat the hare and I don't even want to be in a race We'll just get there a little slower than everyone else but we'll get there just the same!! Take care ! from one turtle to another
Most Active
Recent Topics
STILL Fighting
MrsJuly · 3 replies · 1115 views
Feeling great after 10 years
missang · 1 replies · 1036 views
HELLO, Hello, hello
JustHat · 3 replies · 1113 views
Old Habits
JustHat · 0 replies · 1179 views