How Much??

blister
on 12/14/04 7:39 am - Charlotte, NC
How much food can you eat? I feel like I eat too much. I can eat 1/2 to 1 cup of food at a time depending on what it is. Just wondering if I am eating too much. Also, I have not been able to say no to the goodies around at work. Why am I having a hard time? I hate it and feel like S*#@ for doing it. I feel like I've let myself down. Susan
T R.
on 12/14/04 11:52 am
From what I have read and heard from others that serving size is about normal. Try not to beat yourself up about the goodies, just remember why you had this surgery and what it means to be healthier. Also, for me it helps to workout/walk or something when I feel tempted. Good luck and remember, the holidays will be over soon and things will be back to normal. Take care
Sue G.
on 12/14/04 3:06 pm - Aurora, NE
I think that's about the amount I eat at my three meals a day. I also have two small snacks usually string cheese for the protein. I still have a protein drink a day and try to get in as much excercise as I can per week. Don't beat yourself up about the goodies. I have tried some but try to keep it down to just a taste now and then not on a daily basis!! Be strong and hang in there! Buy yourself a new outfit for Christmas thats a little small and use it for inspiration to keep going without the goodies! Good luck and remember were all right there with ya! ... Sue
C J.
on 12/14/04 4:53 pm - Port Hueneme, CA
HI Susan, THe amounts sounds about right, depends on what it is. Meat is about 1/4 cup, oatmeal 1/2 cup, salad about a cup, 1 scrambled egg, 3/4s of a grilled cheese, 3/4 to 1 cup of soup. As for the goodies...I'm having the same problem. its every where at work! I have a bite then move on, reminding myself that if I eat too much I will dump and thats a nasty feeling. Don't beat yourself up. WE had this surgery to be normal! ANd normal people have a piece of candy or a cookie. Just do the best you can and remember you are human! Hang in there, this season will pass soon! CJ
(deactivated member)
on 12/15/04 9:37 am - 'Burbs of St. Louis, MO
I can definitely eat about 1 cup per meal, depending on what I'm having. I probably should measure my foods more often, but I tend to go by how my stomach feels...and sometimes it feels too full. When I eat fruits and vegetables, I can eat quite a bit without getting full. Most fruits and veggies mush up into nothing because their water content is generally high. I can also eat a fair amount of pasta, but definitely not a whole cup. Cereal and rice, on the other hand, swell in my stomach, so I can eat very little of either. As for my meat...I eat about 1/4 cup of meat before I eat the other stuff...and then mix and match until I'm full. When all is said and done, it looks to be about 1 cup. Call your dietician for better information. But I'd have to say you're pretty normal! Pamela -70
bamasweetpea
on 12/20/04 1:28 am - Fayetteville, NC
Thank God! I have been able to hold more here lately. My surgeon told me a 1/4 cup was it! I have not been measuring me food either. I am glad that other people are eating more than a 1/4 cup. That was NON chewed food also for the 1/4 cup! My surgeon is VERY strict. 's Carrie
Most Active
Recent Topics
STILL Fighting
MrsJuly · 3 replies · 1115 views
Feeling great after 10 years
missang · 1 replies · 1035 views
HELLO, Hello, hello
JustHat · 3 replies · 1112 views
Old Habits
JustHat · 0 replies · 1179 views