Pesky Flu

bobby s
on 12/11/04 3:43 pm - Central, FL
I've had a flu now for a week and nothing I do seems to make it get any better. Being a "switcher", I have a lot of malabsorption. I've taken stuff I know I shouldn't have just to try to get some relief....cold capsules, cough meds, Vicks rub/inhaler, Theraflu....even some alcohol. I'm taking an antibiotic for a respiratory infection too. Has anyone come across an effective way to fight the flu?
Sue G.
on 12/11/04 4:29 pm - Aurora, NE
Sorry can't help ya on this one but will be praying for your quick recovery.
IrishIze
on 12/11/04 8:56 pm - NJ
Bobby - sorry you're down with the flu. I near about FREAKED when I couldn't get a flu shot this year ...I'm keeping my fingers crossed that it passes by this house! Unfortunately, sometimes time and rest is the only way to get over the flu. If the stuff you've tried already hasn't helped the symptoms, maybe a call to your surgeon for some suggestions. Feel better soon!!! Are you able to eat and get protein in? Hugs, Nancy -79
Tara118
on 12/11/04 10:19 pm - Trenton, OH
Gosh Bobby, I know that flu can be nasty. I hope you are feeling better real soon!! {{HUGS}} Tara 305/219/170
melissaross75
on 12/15/04 4:45 am - Cottage Grove, MN
You are probably better now, but one thing you can think about next time is Zicam. It is a nasal spray that is supposed to shorten the length and severity of your cold/flu. When taken at the first symptoms it is more effective. For future reference or if anyone else asks.
Most Active
Recent Topics
STILL Fighting
MrsJuly · 3 replies · 1115 views
Feeling great after 10 years
missang · 1 replies · 1035 views
HELLO, Hello, hello
JustHat · 3 replies · 1112 views
Old Habits
JustHat · 0 replies · 1179 views