Identity Crisis

Cyndi S.
on 12/10/04 11:36 pm - Springfield, OH
Good morning everyone, I have had a pleasant "problem" recently, wonder if others feel this way too? I am having problems when shopping for clothes and sometimes panic when doing laundry. I have gone from a size 24 to 16 since surgery and can't seem to recognize what size I am. I'll look at clothes that are 16's and tell myself they'll never fit when rationally, I know my current clothes are too big. I often worry when I pull them out of the laundry that they have shrunk. I guess it just takes time for the brain to catch up with the body. I Know I was in denial at size 24, because my image in the mirror always told me I was a 16. LOL Aren't we blessed if these are our only problems? Cyndi 257/188/130
IrishIze
on 12/11/04 8:45 pm - NJ
I feel 'ya Cyndi! I started off in a size 26. I went shopping a few weeks ago and got a pair of jeans - real jeans with the zipper, not the elastic waist. I tried on every pair from size 24 down, and finally the 18 fit but a bit snug, so I bought them and figured they'd fit in a couple of weeks. Well, I wore them on for the first time on Friday, and now they're TOO big!! That means I can fit in a size 16 - who.....ME????? Unbelievable!! I agree that I'd much rather have this 'problem' than the other way around!! Hugs, Nancy -79
AngelFlyingHappy
on 12/11/04 10:45 pm - Oxnard, CA
Cyndi: I went through that yesterday. I went shopping because my preop clothes are now beginning to fall off. I was a size 32, now I'm a size 18 and 16 in some things. Just cant believe it. When I went shopping yesterday I immediately started looking at the biggest size I could find, then I was like duh!! But it was almost to good to believe when I was trying on 18's and 16's. Michelle -89
Jennifier1
on 12/12/04 8:03 am - Weirton, WV
I find myself doing the same thing. A few weeks ago I was looking for a black sweater to wear for Thanksgiving. My boyfriend picked one up and said "Try this!" I asked what size he was and gave him a dirty look when he said a Medium. I explained he should look for a large or X-large. He gets the large for me to try on. It was way to big. I told him to go back and get the Medium again. Tried it on...too big also. Back to the rack he goes to look for a Small. I tried it on over another sweater I was wearing and it actually fit. It's actually a little baggier than I'd like also. My boyfriend laughed so hard at me. I also find myself wandering around stores not knowing what to even pick up anymore. I know that the old sizes are way too big, but like you can't help but think that the smaller sizes won't be anywhere close to fitting. My brain needs to do some catching up and soon. I'm running out of clothes to wear.
CAROL H.
on 12/12/04 9:36 pm - FAIRBORN, OH
Yep, I've heard about this problem and have experienced it somewhat myself. I have heard that it takes about a year and a half for your brain to catch up with your body. So maybe by this time next year we will have it together....body image as well as body
bamasweetpea
on 12/13/04 3:05 am - Fayetteville, NC
THANK GOD IT WAS NOT JUST ME!!!! I have this problem all the time!!! My sister and I went shopping yesterday for some pants for me. I can now wear a 16 from a 24. Through the window there was a beautiful shirt so we went in the store and went to my "normal" section and my sister went with me. She has also went from a 22 to a 8 on Weigh****chers (which I could not stick with) and she said I cant wear these sizes. She really wanted that shirt! I realized then that we was in the PLUS section. I walked over to the Misses section with her and bought myself 2 pairs of slacks! LOL I could not believe that I could shop in the "NORMAL" section without the X's or the W's!!! I hold the pants up and still can not believe that my butt can fit into them. I found myself wondering how to shop in the NORMAL section. You always knew with the Plus section what fit how. I don't have a clue now. That is a scarry thing. 's Carrie 255/183/150
Most Active
Recent Topics
STILL Fighting
MrsJuly · 3 replies · 1115 views
Feeling great after 10 years
missang · 1 replies · 1035 views
HELLO, Hello, hello
JustHat · 3 replies · 1112 views
Old Habits
JustHat · 0 replies · 1179 views