Wondering if you would share what you are eating each day now?

Claudia S.
on 12/10/04 2:51 pm - Carol Stream, IL
As we all had surgery in July, I am wondering how the diets and food consumption is going for everyone? I had a protein shake for breakfast, and I always do. Egg salad on 1 slice of toast for lunch, Sugar free hot chocolate for a snack Dinner a 3 bean and hamburger casserole for dinner, with some broccoli. And 2 cheese sticks during the day for extra protein. Pretty typical for me. I am on a plateau now however. I have lost 80 lbs, but stuck here for over a week. I don't get dumping, and am unfortunate that sugar and fat don't make me feel sick, had hoped they would. Still have trouble eating some meats, seem to heavy for my stomach. Hope everyone is doing well, Claudia
v J.
on 12/10/04 10:21 pm - dallas, tx
I am not a very good example but wanted to respond to your post just to get the responses going. My main staple is cambells condensed chicken noodle soup. I eat it for breakfast and lunch. (i usually dont eat past 4 so i usually dont eat dinner) I tend to eat the noodles and leave the broth but something about it I have never tired of. I eat it every day. I like you,cant eat meet. I got so tired of wasting my money trying to taste differnt things only to realize that I had to difficult of a time trying to eat it. so i gave up and stuck to what i know. I havent had any suger or high fat foods since my surgery though. Thankfully that craving left and hasnt come back soo far. I also drink about 100 oz of water a day just because of he sodium in the soup. (actually the sodium content i consume is pretty low since i dont eat much of the broth which is where the sodium and a lot of the calories in the condensed soups are for that matter). I hope you can find an eating plan that works for you. Good luck Val - 101 lbs since 072604 - 49 lbs to go!!
v J.
on 12/10/04 10:24 pm - dallas, tx
oops just realized i spelled MEAT incorrectly.
Curious Mickey D.
on 12/10/04 10:53 pm - Montgomery, TX
Here is what I've eaten this week: Sunday, December 5, 2004 ? 20 oz protein drink (40 g protein) ? Breakfast - ½ cup Cheerios in skim milk (2 g protein) ? Snack - 4 fat free cheddar and sour cream chips (.75 g protein) ? 37 oz water ? Lunch - 4 oz of Tilapia (20 g protein) ? Snack - 1 oz of pork rinds (12 g protein) ? 33 oz Lemon Propel ? Exercise - 1 hour on exercise bike; 1 hour on Gazelle; 50 sit-ups with Ab Lounge ? Dinner - 3 Buffalo wings dipped in ranch dressing (20 g protein) ? Snack - 1 oz skim milk (1 g protein) Monday, December 6, 2004 ? Breakfast - 20 oz protein drink (40 g protein) ? 32 oz water ? Lunch - 3 Buffalo wings dipped in ranch dressing (20 g protein) ? Exercise - Walking up and down stairs loading car ? 33 oz Kiwi Strawberry Propel ? Dinner - ½ the toppings on a Tostada from Taco Bell (refried beans, extra cheese, mild sauce, no lettuce) (7 g protein) ? 12 oz Lemonade ? Snack (right after car wa**** by 18-wheeler) - ~ 20 Fat Free Cheddar & Sour Cream Chips (3.75 g protein) Tuesday, December 7, 2004 ? Breakfast - 20 oz protein drink (40 g protein) ? 32 oz water ? Snack - 1 Shortbread cookie ? Exercise - Walking up and down stairs unloading car ? Lunch - 3 Buffalo wings with ranch dressing (20 g protein) ? Exercise - 30 minutes on exercise bike; 50 sit-ups with Ab Lounge ? Snack - 1 oz snack mix (peanuts, sunflower seeds, raisins) (4 g protein) ? 13 oz water ? Dinner - 1 cup Cheerios in skim milk (4 g protein) ? 3 oz skim milk (3 g protein) Wednesday, December 8, 2004 ? Breakfast - 20 oz protein drink (40 g protein) ? Lunch - 1/2 the toppings on a Tostada from Taco Bell (no lettuce, extra cheese) (6 g protein), 1 medium shrimp (1 g protein), 1 chip dipped in queso ? Snack (end of semester party) - 8 Ranch Doritos (1 g protein) dipped in queso (6 g protein), 6 Guacamole Lay's (1 g protein) dipped in ranch dip, 1 SF Vanilla Wafer, 10 Wheat Thins dipped in Garlic & Herb dip, 1 coconut macaroon ? 33 oz Lemon Propel ? Dinner - 5 medium shrimp (6 g protein) dipped in queso (10 g protein) ? Snack - 2 Buffalo wings dipped in ranch dressing (20 g protein) ? 33 oz water ? Exercise - 1 hour on exercise bike; 50 sit-ups with Ab Lounge ? 2 oz skim milk (2 g protein) Thursday, December 9, 2004 ? Breakfast - 1 cup Cheerios in skim milk (4 g protein) ? 20 oz protein drink (40 g protein) ? Snack - 2 FF Cheddar and Sour Cream chips (.25 g protein) ? Lunch - 3 medium shrimp (4 g protein) dipped in queso (9 g protein) ? Snack - 1 SF Peppermint Patty ? 12 oz water ? Dinner - 4 medium shrimp (5 g protein), 1 small scoop mashed potatoes and gravy (2 g protein), 1 scoop corn (5 g protein), 6 forkfuls Caesar Salad (2 g protein) with 4 croutons ? 4 Screwdrivers (low carb OJ, 1 ½ shots Pineapple Rum, 2 squirts lemon juice) ? Snack - 3 Cheese Doritos ? 12 oz water ? Snack - ½ Tbs low carb peanut butter (2 g protein) ? 5 oz skim milk (5 g protein) Friday, December 10, 2004 ? 20 oz protein drink (40 g protein) ? Handful of sunflower seeds ? 33 oz water ? Exercise - Packing apartment (moving tomorrow) ? Dinner - ½ cup Romaine lettuce with ranch dressing; 6 small shrimp (6 g protein) ? Snack - 4 FF Cheddar and Sour Cream chips (.75 g protein) ? 33 oz water ? Snack - ½ Coconut & Almond protein bar (4 g protein) I usually eat more Chicken and Tilapia, but I had a lot of leftovers to get rid of this week and very little time to do any actual cooking Curious Mickey Diva
Amy S.
on 12/11/04 2:17 am - conroe, TX
Hey thanks for the meal plan. It helps to know what other people are eating. Thanks, Amy
IrishIze
on 12/10/04 10:56 pm - NJ
I generally have a cup of tea first thing in the morning because I tend to have a pretty grumpy pouch. Around 10 AM I have a protein shake. For lunch, I usually have 4 T of cottage or ricotta cheese, or a couple of thin slices of turkey ham or turkey pastrami and .5 oz of cheese. For dinner I mostly eat turkey meatballs or turkey meatloaf or a cheesy omelet. I haven't tried salads yet - I'm trying to stay really low carb for the first six months and also I know it can be hard to digest and I do have that pouch 'with attitude' ! I haven't tried sugar yet because I was a real sugar-junkie presurgery and I don't want to know if I can eat it...I just tell myself that I will get violently ill if I eat sugar. I've had my share of mini-plateaus. I seem to lose three of four pounds, then nothing for 10 days, then another three or four pounds. I have to confess, I am a sinner - I weigh every day!! I have trouble with most meats - chicken, fish, pork or beef, although the consistency of the meatballs and meatloaf seem to be fine. Hugs, Nancy -79
Janette
on 12/11/04 12:05 am - Peoria, AZ
I vary daily as I have a "grouchy pouchy" but I start EVERY day with 2-12 oz cups of hot tea with milk and splenda followed by a protein shake with @ 35 gms of protein. I have not had regular beef yet but I do ok with ground beef. Chicken and fish are ok but I still cannot tolerarate tuna. Eggs only omlet style or fried are ok but not scrambled. Love all vegetables but no corn or peas. I have not had bread yet and will try not to as I am a carbohydrate addict. Also I have had no pasta or rice. I love and do great with beans ie: charro or black beans...try and stay away from refried or pork and beans. I do ok now with salad with cucumbers and tomato. I have not tried anything with sugar. Wont even lick my fingers after giving my daughter a donut. Yesterday I had my tea and protein in the morning. Lunch 5 ritz crackers with cream cheese. Dinner out was 1/2 meatball and eggplant...still only @ 3 ozs and I try and drink all day...I eat crackers every night before bed(my big downfall) but if I dont I wake up nauseated..Thats it in a nutshell........ Janette RNY 7-13-04 363/249 -114lbs
MikeB
on 12/11/04 8:20 pm - Pottstown, PA
Hi Claudia, I just wanted to say that I wouldn't consider staying at 80 lbs for a week a plateau. Generally it is 4 or more weeks. Also you really shouldn't be weighing your self every week you can go crazy. If you're concerned about your rate of losing increase your protein and your exercise. I gat in anywhere from 90 to 100 grams aday and exercise on a regular basis and as a result I have dropped 150lbs in 5 months. Just a thought Mike
Most Active
Recent Topics
STILL Fighting
MrsJuly · 3 replies · 1115 views
Feeling great after 10 years
missang · 1 replies · 1035 views
HELLO, Hello, hello
JustHat · 3 replies · 1112 views
Old Habits
JustHat · 0 replies · 1179 views