Veggies - do you eat them??

IrishIze
on 12/7/04 8:48 am - NJ
I've never been much of a veggie eater, but I'm starting to realize that I can't really remember the last time I ate a veggie (aside from a pickle ). I really concentrate on the protein and don't even think about veggies. I have a follow-up appointment with my surgeon tomorrow - I'm going to ask him what he thinks.... Hugs, Nancy -79
Debra O.
on 12/7/04 3:00 pm - Chino, CA
yes, you must eat your veggies to stay healthy
Patima
on 12/7/04 8:20 pm - GA
I've started adding more veggies to my diet, although they are very well cooked. I tried some steamed veggies (baby carrots, brocolli and cauliflower) and didn't do well. Patti
hockeyhottie
on 12/7/04 9:54 pm - Madison Heights, MI
I eat veggies on a regular basis because I love them--the only one that hasn't really set well is cooked green pepper so I do avoid those. Here are the veggies I have eaten without a problem mashed potato sweet potato green beans corn brocoli mushroom eggplant spinch-uncooked asparagus carrots-raw bean sprouts waterchestnuts Smiles, Mel
samyrna
on 12/7/04 10:06 pm - Sanford, MI
Isn't it strenge how different we all are, or even more ,how different the rules are between the surgeons, I have been able to eat raw veggies for a long time now, with out any problems, I do chew them very well. Sometimes Chicken ,Pork , and beef steak bother me, It has to be very moist, I can't eat fish, except canned tuna,
Janette
on 12/7/04 10:22 pm - Peoria, AZ
Hi Nancy...I actually crave and I mean crave vegetables since this surgery....I go out to eat alot and certain places thats all I order is stamed vegetables with a side of ranch to dip them in. Last night I was eating saurekraut with my keilbasa along with a small salad with lettuce, tomato and cucumber. I just started eating lettuce about a month ago and chew it well with no problem. I evan ate a piece of celery at Thanksgiving...again no problem.. Janette RNY 7-13-04 363/250 -113lbs
(deactivated member)
on 12/7/04 11:09 pm - 'Burbs of St. Louis, MO
I never was a big veggie person. I use onions and peppers in my cooking, and I like carrots, potatoes, corn, and peas. That's about it. Everything else just has such a pungent taste to me. I've been trying to incorporate more fruit into my day, but am not very successful with that, either. Pamela -69
Monna W.
on 12/8/04 12:31 am - Susanville, CA
Oh, yes, I eat vegetables. When I was still at the pureed food stage, my husband was eating a tomato and I absolutely drooled for a bite. I ate a thin slice and have been eating vegetables since I was able to eat solid food. I eat cooked and raw vegetables. Sometimes, all I want is vegetables for a meal, so to get my protein in I have 2 cups of skim milk heated with Nesquick (only way I can get hot chocolate without a lot of sugar or sugar alcohols). Last night I was at a potluck and ate my protein first, but then had a mini-carrot, 2 cauliflower flowerets, and about 10 slices of cucumber all raw. I eat salad with lettuce on a regular basis and coleslaw occassionally. When I was progressing through the stages of diet according to my physician's instructions, it was vegetables I craved. Even now, I get cravings for vegetables rather than cakes or cookies. I have had no problems with any foods (other than foods high in processed sugar) from the very beginning. Thank goodness, since I had other problems. I know we don't get enough vegetables to maintain good nutrition--that is why we take high powered vitamins. Good to see you are doing well, Nancy. Keep up the good work, everyone. Monna 389/286/150?
AngelFlyingHappy
on 12/8/04 10:45 am - Oxnard, CA
Nancy: I do eat veggies and love them. I eat my protein first, but we need all sorts of nutrients!!!!
Curious Mickey D.
on 12/8/04 1:44 pm - Montgomery, TX
My surgeon said 70% protein 30% veggies with each meal. Protein first. I don't always eat my veggies, but I love baby spinach, celery, and broccoli. Curious Mickey Diva 24 yo, 5'2" 229/164/115
Most Active
Recent Topics
STILL Fighting
MrsJuly · 3 replies · 1114 views
Feeling great after 10 years
missang · 1 replies · 1035 views
HELLO, Hello, hello
JustHat · 3 replies · 1112 views
Old Habits
JustHat · 0 replies · 1179 views