NOT food and exercise

(deactivated member)
on 12/6/04 10:34 pm - 'Burbs of St. Louis, MO
I'm trying something new. It's called the "Don't focus so much on what you are and aren't eating." My new plan calls for me to eat my protein first, and then can add the fruits, vegetables, and carbs if there is room. No need to count protein or calories because they will take care of themselves. What a novel idea, huh? I kinda remember this plan from my surgery guidelines notebook. It's really kind of nice not having to keep track of everything all the time. It also seems that I have been snacking less because I don't have fitday.com telling me how many calories I can still have (old diet days habit). I didn't count over Thanksgiving weekend, and have only counted like once or twice since then, and the scale has moved in a favorable direction. So I think I'm going to go with this for a while. So just if you're wondering...that's what happened to my daily food and exercise post Pamela -69
IrishIze
on 12/6/04 10:53 pm - NJ
Hi Pamela I was going to post today asking where you've been - I missed you!! Glad things are going in a good direction for you. I guess I'm the opposite of you. If left to my own devices, I can eat and not even realize how many calories or grams of protein or carbs I'm ingesting. Right now, fitday is a valuable tool for me. If anyone wants a daily food / exercise thread, I'd be happy to do one, but I think Pamela and I were usually the only ones responding. Hugs, Nancy -79
Jennifier1
on 12/7/04 6:13 am - Weirton, WV
The only thing my doctor wants me to count is protein and fluids. They told me to put about two ounces of protein on my plate, one ounce of veggies, and one ounce of a healthy starch. Work on the protein first, veggies, then starch. As long as I keep my meals in that proportion and eath them in that order, I do very well. A couple of people have asked me lately how many calories I consume a day and I have no clue. It's been working for me though. I'm down 69 pounds since my surgery.
Most Active
Recent Topics
STILL Fighting
MrsJuly · 3 replies · 1114 views
Feeling great after 10 years
missang · 1 replies · 1035 views
HELLO, Hello, hello
JustHat · 3 replies · 1112 views
Old Habits
JustHat · 0 replies · 1179 views