Help! my hair is slowly coming out by the day

mrshall72
on 12/6/04 9:39 pm - Mobile, AL
My hair has been coming out everyday. If I run my hands through my hair, I am sure to have some hair come out. Does anyone know how to stop this from happening. I do not want to go bald!! Amanda Hall 306/216/150
IrishIze
on 12/6/04 11:12 pm - NJ
Hi Amanda - yep, I think most of us are experiencing the same thing. I am taking Biotin, which I have heard helps reduce hair loss, but I don't know whether anything really helps. I think the hair loss is supposed to slow down around month six, so we're almost there!! Hugs, Nancy -79
LINDA M.
on 12/7/04 5:01 am - FAIRBANKS, AK
Same here. It's been five months and it's still coming out. I've been told to increase my protein (another shake) and take Biotin. I do believe it has slowed down some. I no longer have to have it thinned by the hairdresser. All in all it's worth that short time side effect. Hang in there. Linda McKeehan Post Op 7/06/04
cindy m.
on 12/7/04 7:19 am - Trenton, MO
Hi Amanda!!! I've been loing my hair too. It was already baby fine so now its really super fine. I've been taking biotin since 1 month after surgery and trying to watch my protein intake. I would hate to see how much I would have lost if I wasn't careful!!! Ugh!!!! I wish I knew how to stop this from happening but.............I don't, sorry.I hope it helps to know that you aren't alone!!!! Take care Hugs ~Cindy~ -90
Patima
on 12/7/04 8:24 pm - GA
I've noticed a little more coming out in the comb or when I run my hands through my hair to add gel, etc. I really worry because my hair is already untra thin. I try real hard to keep my protein up because I hear that will help. Patti
TraciMac
on 12/10/04 4:20 am - THE STAR CITY, VA
I will tell you from my personal experience that only time will stop it. I have had 5 other surgeries before this one and it happened with each of them and I never did find the magically cure. I will tell you that WalMart has a hair and nail supplement that I take daily right now and it seems to be making the new hair come back faster. I have asked my surgeon and my PCP and both of them agree with me that only time will stop the hair loss. Sorry to be the bearer of bad news... Great job on your weight loss... wished I was where you are... Traci Mac 07/22/04 307/232/175
whichwitchiswhich
on 12/10/04 5:37 am - Easton, PA
Hi, I had the same problem, I use a product by bari-ssentials. They have a website, just add the www. and .com or check out my profile to see another way of getting it. I was completely clogging the drain to no hair loss currently. I would swear by it. I take no extra supplements cuz I hate to take pills. Getting the regular vitamin in is a struggle. I've had positive feedback. Christiana -80
Most Active
Recent Topics
STILL Fighting
MrsJuly · 3 replies · 1114 views
Feeling great after 10 years
missang · 1 replies · 1035 views
HELLO, Hello, hello
JustHat · 3 replies · 1112 views
Old Habits
JustHat · 0 replies · 1179 views