Slow loser??

Duffers M.
on 12/4/04 4:37 pm - South Colby, WA
I just read again someone from July who had surgery after me and is almost down 100lbs. What's wrong with me? I am fighting and struggling at 50lbs. I just don't get it. It is very frusterating. Yes I eat my small meals, low carb high protein I drink my protein shakes not instant breakfasts or other carp. I have followed my vitamin plan and exercise plan. Grr this is such a downer. Tanis 272.4/223.8
Tara118
on 12/4/04 9:48 pm - Trenton, OH
That person may have started off much heavier than you and have much more to loose. It is so hard to compare yourselves to others loss. You are loosing and your body is going at it's own pace. Keep up your good habits and the weight will continue to come off. Tara
Duffers M.
on 12/5/04 2:00 am - South Colby, WA
I wi**** was so that that person was heavier than me to start with but they were actually lighter. Most that I have seen have been right around my weight that is why it bothers me so. And the post her posted at being around 50% at 6 or 7months geesh that doesn't sound like I will ever get to goal then. Tanis
(deactivated member)
on 12/4/04 11:55 pm - 'Burbs of St. Louis, MO
I'm going to agree with Tara on this one! The tendency is for heavier people to lose a bit more quickly. What you really need to look at is the percentage of your excess weight you have lost. I've lost about 31% of my extra 217lbs. You've lost just about the same percent as I have. I think that the majority of us will be CLOSE to reaching the 50% off sale somewhere around 6 or 7 months, INCLUDING you. Hang in there! It will all even out in the end! Pamela -69
Curious Mickey D.
on 12/5/04 7:41 am - Montgomery, TX
Thank you for that information. I have been feeling REALLY down about my weight loss lately (-63 lbs), esp when I compare it to the weight loss of others Well, after reading your post, I determined the % of weight loss I've had, and it is at 58%, which makes me feel much better THANK YOU Curious Mickey Diva 24 yo, 5'2" 229/166/120
suzeeq
on 12/4/04 11:57 pm - Palmerton, PA
I know just how you feel! I had my surgery July 29th. and am only down 50 pounds and the scale has been stuck for the past three weeks. It seems as tho I loose about 5 pounds or so then it takes a couple more weeks for the scale to start to move again. This has been the process for me this whole time so I guess it's gonna do as it wants and I just have to keep doing the right things and hope for the best. You are not alone. I keep telling myself it's better to loose slow for my skins sake. I don't want to look de-flated! Keep positive and know that your July buddies are here with you....Hugs....Susie
houstondoll
on 12/5/04 10:19 am - Houston, TX
I like the % looking glass to look into since the scale glasses are kinda fuzzy. I can really relate to your feeling about seeing others loose so much but then I am stuck..and I don't consider myself a light weight...and I surely didn't think I could gain 5 lbs ... All on November I fluctuated within the same 5 pounds and wished it would have been a loss....but I can look back and see that I was not getting in all the water and once I picked up a Womans World Magazine and an article mentioned eating 6 small meals a day --i started planning my 'meals' around that and I've done pretty good this week!.... So I hope that helps ---or might help you ... I dunno.... -48% of the weight I need to take off
deeno
on 12/5/04 1:09 pm - Kokomo, IN
I'm down 60....so, I'm right there with y'all. What is it that "they" say....patience is a virtue....? Whoever said that was never on a diet, that's for sure! Sheesh. Misery loves company. We'll all do fine in the weeks to come. Our bodies are just stubborn (can you believe it?). Diana
Sue G.
on 12/5/04 3:40 pm - Aurora, NE
I posted a while back same subject! I'm down 53 and started higher than you 311!! I'm trying to do all the right things and that's all we can do. Our bodys just aren't letting lose of the weight as fast as others. I also notice that my clothes start getting bigger before I lose anytihng. So you might try measuring instead of just the scale. I had a rough Nov too the scale didn't move at all!! But the last couple of weeks I've lost about 4 lbs so I just have to be patient. I keep telling my self I'm not even 6 months out from surgery yet. From what I have read we can lose up to 18 months and some say 2 yrs. So we still have a lot of time to lose the rest and we will reach our goals !!
Most Active
Recent Topics
STILL Fighting
MrsJuly · 3 replies · 1114 views
Feeling great after 10 years
missang · 1 replies · 1035 views
HELLO, Hello, hello
JustHat · 3 replies · 1112 views
Old Habits
JustHat · 0 replies · 1179 views