How is your marriage?

bamasweetpea
on 12/1/04 4:45 am - Fayetteville, NC
I was wondering if anyone else is having any relationship problems? I am having a rough time right now with my marriage. I am hoping that it is just a rut and not something permanent but I am thinking that it is. Thanks!
Debra O.
on 12/1/04 5:00 am - Chino, CA
My marriage is better than ever. Even though financially we arent doing very well right now, everything in that department is great. My hubby tells me ar least 5 times a day how terrific I look. He never ever said a word before about how bad I looked , but now he compliments me every day. I'm so sorry to hear you are having problems. Hang in there. ~Debra
AngelFlyingHappy
on 12/1/04 8:57 am - Oxnard, CA
Yes very much so. I hope the same things you do. Michelle
(deactivated member)
on 12/1/04 11:29 am - 'Burbs of St. Louis, MO
I am happy to report that my marriage hasn't really changed all that much. We still have our bad days, like arguements over money and our daughter, but we also have many good days. The one thing that seems to have changed is that my husband is so much more touchy-feely. I hope everything works out for you. Maybe your husband is under a lot of stress, and your WLS timing is just a coincidence. Pamela 352/286/278 by Christmas
ileanak
on 12/1/04 9:33 pm - San Antonio, TX
Hi Carrie, I hate to be the "downer" response, but I am glad that other responders have had good stories of support. That said. I am getting a divorce. I moved out early October and have been living with my parents. Now some of these problems (most of them) started well before my surgery, but I will say that the fact that I started feeling better about myself and biddy bopping around town didn't help. I think deep inside my (soon to be) ex wanted a thinner me, but didn't want anything else to change (live lifestyle habits). I have always been an outgoing person, and he would rather live like a hermit. After I started to feel better, I wanted to spend more time running around town and seeing friends. blah, blah, blah. There are MANY other problems, but the surgery had a hand in it. NOT THAT I WOULD CHANGE A THING!!!! I wish I had gone through this 3 years ago! I am not one to advocate divorce, but consider this: Did the problems start before the surgery? Can a counselor help? Are the two of you able to sit down in an unthreatening environment (outside your house) and really discuss things? I really do hope things work out for you two. Ileana
Most Active
Recent Topics
STILL Fighting
MrsJuly · 3 replies · 1114 views
Feeling great after 10 years
missang · 1 replies · 1035 views
HELLO, Hello, hello
JustHat · 3 replies · 1112 views
Old Habits
JustHat · 0 replies · 1179 views