How much can you eat?

LTruesdale1980
on 12/1/04 3:16 am - Orange Grove, TX
I am. . lets see . .surgery was July 16th . . soooo 4 months and 5 days out. I can eat almost a cup or so at each meal already. Yesterday I had sesame chicken with a tad bit of steamed rice. I ate about a cup (or 1.5) of the chicken. 4 hours later I ate about 1/2 a cup. Today, Ihad some for lunch and it was under a cup. I am getting paranoid that I can eat so much. I feel like a hug pig or that I am overeating in general. A friend had the surger a month after me and he eats waaayy less than Ido. I do not eat till I get sick or anything. I tend to snack some days (usually something protein involved.) My doctor said as long as I stop when I am full and do not make myself sick I am okay. If it sits and tummy is happy I am doing well. But it worries me. One meal I can eat one package of peanut butter/cheese crackers. . . the next I can eat two and be fine. Please tell me I am not losing it. Lisa
kberkihiser
on 12/1/04 4:21 am - Lancaster, PA
A cup sounds like an awful lot to me, but I know some day I can eat more than others. The doctor told me last week about a half cup now is normal advancing to a full cup at 1 year out, Most days I am right about a 1/2 cup, other days less, some days more. Maybe you want to try eating slower so you eat less before the full feeling hits you. Sorry I am not more help Kristy B 306/236/165 -70 with 70 to go....
LTruesdale1980
on 12/1/04 4:27 am - Orange Grove, TX
That is what I think. But, I have tried eating slower and sometimes I eat less and sometimes I eat about a cup. . .pending on the food. On average. . .I eat about the same amount. It may be just my paranoia. . .or that I do not always eat 3 meals/2snacks a day as well A friend that is a nutrionist said that I cannot really go by the amount of the chicken. . .before it is chewed. After the food is chewed it will be less than a cup. She demonstrated it (without actually chewing it. .yuck) to just give me an idea. And while yes, after the food was "demolished" it did equal almost 1/2 of what I previously measured. I mean, it was only about 10 pieces of chicken or so. I mean 1 8oz chicken breast is equal to one cup of food. . .but if you measured it whole, it would be more than just a cup.
(deactivated member)
on 12/1/04 11:40 am - 'Burbs of St. Louis, MO
If I am eating meat, I tend to fill up before I even reach my 4oz. I tend to eat 2oz of meat and then 1/2 cup of something mushy (usually with lots of water in it, like carrots). If I am eating something soft, like vegetables, fruits, or mashed potatoes, I can eat well over half a cup...more like 3/4 or 1 cup, even. There are also times when I can seem to eat and eat and eat, and then there are other times when three bites will have me miserably stuffed. I can't figure it out...I just try to deal. Unfortunately, I've been dealing with some major food issues, and I often eat until it comes back up...and then I swear I will NEVER eat again, only to repeat the cycle. The only thing that seems to save me is the Food Network. For some reason, those cooking shows curb my desire to snack or overstuff. Go figure! Pamela -66
T R.
on 12/2/04 8:57 am
I too, have days when I can eat what seems to be alot and other days when I can not even finish more than 5 bites. I think we are all a bunch of worry-warts, I know I can only speak for myself. I also notice a difference in the way I eat when I am upset. Like when my daughter is fussy and I am trying to eat. I just can't eat as much if there is alot going on. Go figure. Anyway, if you aren't throwing up, I think you are probably doing fine. Try not to worry.
Meaghan30
on 12/9/04 2:49 pm - St. Paris, OH
I can eat alot too ..... but today I only took about 5 small bites at supper and couldn't get anything in ... and haven't had but an apple since. Now, I seem to be able to eat alot, but I think our perception of portion size changes too. Like no matter how much we eat now, it seems like alot. I know my 5 bites were hardly nothing, but I thought it was alot at the time. Also, I drink water with my meal .... which is a huge NO NO, I know .... but I tried so many times to eat withou****er, and get soooo parched. It makes me stop eating, and I can't get my needed calories in for the day. So I figure I can eat more because I wa**** outa my pouch with water, but I still am only eating a cup at a time, so all is well I think. Meaghan 276/200/145
Most Active
Recent Topics
STILL Fighting
MrsJuly · 3 replies · 1114 views
Feeling great after 10 years
missang · 1 replies · 1035 views
HELLO, Hello, hello
JustHat · 3 replies · 1112 views
Old Habits
JustHat · 0 replies · 1179 views