NEWBY has a question for the pros...

Sue G.
on 12/1/04 4:29 am - Aurora, NE
I've noticed that there is a lot of hair in the drain when I shampoo my hair also. Luckly I too have been blessed with thick hair but it does feel thinner when I run my fingers thru it. I have a friend who had DS WLS two years ago and she said that she lost a lot of hair also, but it grew back in after a while and I also read a book by a women who had WLS and she also lost hair and it too grew back in. She said she cut her hair in a shorter style when it started to grew back in so it grew out more even. So it does eventually grew back from what I understand You might want to check with people on the main message board who are two or three years out from surgery and they could tell you even more then us July people. I do not use any products for my hair.
kellyh26
on 12/1/04 8:11 am - White Bluff, TN
I wouldn't worry about trying that just be sure to keep your protein up and vitimans coming... I've been losing hair but I don't get enuf protein. when I up the protein it eases up a bit. But, one lady said it best surgery is surgery and dead hair cells are dead hair cells it'll grow back...
Transplant N.
on 12/2/04 9:23 am - Fort Wayne, IN
You all are so wonderful! I will send the messages to my group members. I had a feeling it was too good to be true!~ It's not the expense I was worried about, but I don't like taking pills for no good reason, and so far, the biotin seems to be a big fat myth. I will take my chances and focus on the protein. If anybody likes Nectar I have some to share. I bought it and hate it. Will send it to you for the cost of shipping. It's crystal sky I think. Email me if you want it. I only ised one scoop, and there is 35 left~ Hugs to you, Lori
carbfreecathy
on 12/4/04 10:04 pm - Michigan City, IN
Hi Lori, I did a lot of research for almost 2 years before my surgery and based on that began taking Biotin, 1000mcg and Zinc, 50mg a month before surgery. Post op I have worked hard to keep my protein high with whey supplements. Whey is a unique protein that is not hard on the kidneys. Anyway I get an average of 100 gms of protein in daily, much in supplements because I just can't eat that much meat and it's not good for my kidneys to do so. Kidneys are healthy now and I want to keep them that way. I haven't had any hair loss and hope it is because of this regemine. I'm down 71 pounds in 4 months and it is all working well for me. You could go over to some of the Yahoo groups on weight loss and do some searches about hair loss if you want to do more investigating. Best of luck, Cathy Open RNY 7/26/04 302/231/145
Most Active
Recent Topics
STILL Fighting
MrsJuly · 3 replies · 1114 views
Feeling great after 10 years
missang · 1 replies · 1035 views
HELLO, Hello, hello
JustHat · 3 replies · 1112 views
Old Habits
JustHat · 0 replies · 1179 views