Very slow weight loss!

jenniferwheeler
on 11/27/04 12:46 am - PA
Hi everyone! I think I have very slow weight loss...I know everyone is loosing at different rates but I am only down 62lbs since July 7th. Is anyone else loosing at a slow rate?
Deejay
on 11/27/04 1:40 am - Sparks, NV
I feel mine is kinda slow too. I had surgery on 7/19 and I'm down 64lbs. I was stuck for over 3 weeks and just moved THIS MORNING finally! I see people who had surgery the same day as me have usually lost more. I'm not worried though, it will come off, hang in there! Deejay 257/193/150 -64 deejayswls.com
T R.
on 11/27/04 2:48 am
I had my surgery on 7/8/4 and I am only down 69.5 pounds, so I think you are doing great! I had to learn not to keep beating myself up (like we all use to do before we had surgery.) Stress can't be good for overall health or weightloss. You are doing great, don't worry. Think about it this way, at least you are losing!! Also, it helps to measure, sometimes you can't believe it until you see it. I measured today and I have lost 10 1/2 inches in my waist alone. That made me feel super! Then I put the measuring tape around me at my starting size... WOW! I was floored! Take care and keep smiling! 7/8/4 - 275.5 11/27/4 - 206 69.5 pounds gone forever!!
samyrna
on 11/27/04 5:13 am - Sanford, MI
Well. I'm slow also, and I;m getting worried about it, and I was stuck in one spot for 4 weeks, I quess I'll start to write everything down, I think I'm eating right, and getting enough protein and water in, And I started Curves two weeks ago, July 13 , and down 54 lbs, ( I'm 65 ) does that make a difference????
Sue G.
on 11/27/04 5:43 pm - Aurora, NE
Hi Mryna I think age has alot to do with it I had my surgery on July 21st and I'm down 51 pounds I've been stuck up and down 49 to 51 lbs all Nov. I think with age our metabolism slows down so it plays a factor in how fast we lose and I have been walking almost every day for 30 mins or more and also sticking close with protein and water and low carb. I've been very discouraged at times! Oh and by the way I' m 56 yrs old. I'm still glad I did it and love having my clothes hang on me !! So I guess there's a bright side and still have many months to go before we stop losing! Sue
brittypie
on 11/27/04 7:19 am - Chicago, IL
RNY on 07/01/04 with
How can anyone that has lost 60 pounds or more in only 4-5 months be a slow loser???????????? I had surgery on 7/1/04 and have lost 52 pounds as of this morning...and could not be happier. I admit I get a little jealous of the people that have lost 60, 70 or more....but this is the way my journey is going and I accept it. We just have to keep doing what we are doing and be thankful that we are where we are.
Sue G.
on 11/27/04 5:51 pm - Aurora, NE
I've been told many times that since I'm losing it slowly that I won't have as much chance of gaining it back later and I won't have as much hangy skin when I reach goal so maybe were the lucky ones
samyrna
on 11/28/04 12:18 am - Sanford, MI
Jeanne and all. Please know that I am very happy for what I have lost, But I've never been told it is ok to be this slow, I have this hunger thing to work through, I didn't think I would have craving for food after surgery. It is a hard job, working on this, Do any of you think I'll loose 50 more lbs before my one year date, ((July 13 ) ?????? LOL "The Hundred thousand Dollar question " right?? And I can truly say I feel like this because everyone is so far ahead of me with their loss's , I will again start weighing my food and writing it down . I've been eating chili for a long time , with no problems, and last night I could only get 1/2 cup and 2 soda crackers down. and felt sick, It might be that I can't eat very much at meal time, so I'm getting hungey before i should, I know , it is called self control, But if I had self control, I would not have needed the surgery, RIGHT ???? Thanks for letting be vent, and for who ever is reading this , I do need some answers, Myrna
NadineM
on 11/29/04 6:28 am - Vancouver, WA
Hi Jeannie, You and I are still neck to neck on our rate of loss. Well, actually you are a few heads ahead of me I have lost 45 post-op pounds for a grand total of 55 since 2 weeks before surgery. I get jealous too....but hey, as long as it still keeps coming off and I am going down in pant sizes I am ecstatic too!!!!! I am SO THANKFUL FOR THIS GIFT!!!! Happy Holidays! Nadine RNY 7/19/04 211/203/158/110?
(deactivated member)
on 11/27/04 11:58 pm - 'Burbs of St. Louis, MO
I'm down 64 pounds. I would have thought I'd be down more than that by now, since I started at 352. I always thought that the normal weight loss for 6 months was around 100lbs, but I'm lucky if I make it to 75. Sometimes it's frustrating, but I try to remind myself that eventually I will reach a healthy weight, and the time it takes really shouldn't matter. And of course, I am not 100% perfect in my eating. I eat too many carbs, and don't have problems with most foods. Last week, though, I discovered that very low carb and very high protein was good for a five pound loss in two days. So I should probably get back on that bandwagon...ya think? Pamela 352/288/278 by Christmas
Most Active
Recent Topics
STILL Fighting
MrsJuly · 3 replies · 1114 views
Feeling great after 10 years
missang · 1 replies · 1035 views
HELLO, Hello, hello
JustHat · 3 replies · 1112 views
Old Habits
JustHat · 0 replies · 1179 views