Eats

JustHat
on 11/25/04 2:12 pm - NM
So, what did you eat today? What was your favorite? Did you do all of the cooking? This is the first year since we have been here that my family didn't come up. That was just as well since I finally picked up the boys' flu. Everytime I got up, I had to run to the bathroom. And, since I didn't eat yesterday, I was twice as weak. If it hadn't been for Philip's desire to eat here, I would have sent them off to eat steaks or something. As it was, it turned out well. We had the basics-turkey, green beans, stuffing, 2 pies and candied yams. I served and then went to lay down. Tonight I finally got some stuffing in. Oh well, at least I have a clean colon. On Saturday I am cooking another turkey. We had two turkeys and a ham given to us this year. If I can figure out how to slice it right, I might try and make jerky out of it.
T R.
on 11/25/04 3:07 pm
I am sorry you got ill for the holiday, I hope you feel better soon. Just remember to drink lots of fluids and try and eat something soon. *Hugs* Ok, I am going to give it to you straight. I didn't eat much but what I did eat was pretty good. I had a small amount of macaroni salad and a small amount of potato salad and a tiny slice of turkey. I even ventured out and took my life into my own hands and took a/one very small bite of pecan pie, yes I know its not good, but it was my favorite before surgery. Anyway, it didn't taste as good as I remember, it didn't make me sick either. It was a hollow venture, one that didn't mean anything. LOL funny how this surgery changes things. Last year at this time I would have preferred eating a pecan pie to eating an entire Thanksgiving meal. This year, it doesn't matter I am happy to announce. It was nice not to be a slave to food, I think I enjoy myself better now. I even laughed more this Thanksgiving! Take care 7/8/4 - 275.5 11/26/4 - 206 69.5 pounds gone forever!! 66 pounds to go until goal!!
IrishIze
on 11/26/04 11:42 pm - NJ
Hat - hope you're feeling better really soon!!!! I did pretty well - better than I expected. I took a small taste of everything and even the turkey stayed down!! For dessert I had made a SF cheesecake, so I was real happy with that. All in all it was much better than I thought it was going to be - the food wasn't calling to me the way it used to!! Hugs, Nancy -74
jcordell
on 11/27/04 9:28 am - TX
I am a very bad boy. I ate....NOTHING! Didn't even do what I did a few pathetic thanksgings ago, which was get one of those $1.50 sub sandwiches from the snack bar at K-Mart. LOL. I chose to drink my thanksgiving dinner. Yes, a VERY bad boy. Sometimes the holidays suck... Glad to hear everyone else did well, and maybe next thanksgiving will be better for me. Keep smiling and keep the faith! Jeff -91
Most Active
Recent Topics
STILL Fighting
MrsJuly · 3 replies · 1114 views
Feeling great after 10 years
missang · 1 replies · 1035 views
HELLO, Hello, hello
JustHat · 3 replies · 1112 views
Old Habits
JustHat · 0 replies · 1179 views