My Tuesday Weigh in.

samyrna
on 11/23/04 3:07 am - Sanford, MI
Well I hope that the other's that signed up will do this, I had a good week, I'm doing the "water loading" I like it , it helps. My WL this week is -2.5 lbs, and I have been a slow loser, I'm happy with it, Myrna 12.5 to go
Shrinking-Violet
on 11/23/04 3:56 am - Maricopa, AZ
Myrna how do you do the water loading?
samyrna
on 11/23/04 4:59 am - Sanford, MI
Angela, last week someone posted a site where you can go , I did it and it worked, but today I can't find it, It was Pouch Rules for Dummies. I printed off 8 pages of very good Info, and it included the water loading. Maybe that person will come on and share with you, I tried www.wlsfriends.com but i couldn't fine the pouch rules on there . It just wouldn't come uo for me this time. sorry Myrna
Tessy716
on 11/23/04 6:18 am - King George, VA
http://www. wlsfriends.com/pouchrules.html Due to lack of insurance coverage for WLS, what originally seemed like a serious lack of patients to observe, turned into an advantage as I was able to follow my patients closely. The following are what I found to effect how the pouch works: 1. Getting a sense of fullness is the basis of successful WLS. 2. Success requires that a small pouch is created with a small outlet. 3. Regular meals larger than 1 ½ cups will result in eventual weight gain. 4. Using the thick, hard to stretch part of the stomach in making the pouch is important. 5. By lightly stretching the pouch with each meal, the pouch send signals to the brain that you need no more food. 6. Maintaining that feeling of fullness requires keeping the pouch stretched for awhile. 7. Almost all patients always feel full 24/7 for the first months, then that feeling disappears. 8. Incredible hunger will develop if there is no food or drink for eight hours. 9. After 1 year, heavier food makes the feeling of fullness last longer. 10. By drinking water as much as possible as fast as possible ("water loading"), the patient will get a feeling of fullness that lasts 15-25 minutes. 11. By eating "soft foods" patients will get hungry too soon and be hungry before their next meal, which can cause snacking, thus poor weight loss or weight gain. 12. The patients that follow "the rules of the pouch" lose their extra weight and keep it off. 13. The patients that lose too much weight can maintain their weight by doing the reverse of the "rules of the pouch." ~~T
IrishIze
on 11/23/04 6:23 am - NJ
I lost 4 lbs. this week!! WooHoo!! This is great for me as I have been losing much more slowly lately. Sounds like everyone is having a good start for the Christmas Challenge! Hugs, Nancy -74
jewelcrown
on 11/23/04 7:26 am
I'm down 6 lbs! Water loading definitely works!!! Wish I had discovered it earlier in the game!!! Denise Christmas goal: 256 326/265/256/140
Jessica Senez (Lash)
on 11/23/04 7:37 am - MD
i have lost 3 lbs since yesterday....must be this darn strept throat... but im happy about the lbs im down to 214 this is soo awesome i am only 15lbs away from the ONEDERFULLS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1 299-214-145 69more to go till goal Hugs Jessica
ErikaL
on 11/23/04 7:58 am - JAX, FL
This week I'm at 249 and my Christmas goal is 240! It's looking good for reaching my goal before Christmas. Good Luck, Erika L
bobby s
on 11/23/04 9:46 am - Central, FL
Hi Myrna, That sounds great for RNY patients, but what about us DS'ers? You wouldn't know of any "tricks" for us, would you? Thanks...Bobby (-124)
samyrna
on 11/24/04 12:33 am - Sanford, MI
Hi Bobby, I don't know anything about DS surgery, What is it?? Looks like you are doing fine with it, Or, Are you having a hard time right now?? I'd like to know about it, Myrna
Most Active
Recent Topics
STILL Fighting
MrsJuly · 3 replies · 1114 views
Feeling great after 10 years
missang · 1 replies · 1035 views
HELLO, Hello, hello
JustHat · 3 replies · 1112 views
Old Habits
JustHat · 0 replies · 1179 views