SCARED!!!

Deejay
on 11/23/04 12:24 am - Sparks, NV
I have my 3 month checkup (a month and a half late thanks to the office staff) on the 30th and I'm sooooooo scared of my labwork coming back bad. I've been using vitamist vitamins since the second month and I just recently saw people talking about them on the main board that they're a hoax? I don't know what to think and I'm really scared. Did anyone use them and have good labs? Deejay 257/194/150 -63 deejayswls.com
sradcli74
on 11/23/04 4:31 am
Hi Deejay, I don't have an answer for you, but I pray that your labs come back excellent. Teah
IrishIze
on 11/23/04 6:24 am - NJ
DeeJay, hopefully things will come back ok. I'd think that if you weren't doing well with your labs, you'd feel crummy. Let us know how you make out... Hugs, Nancy -74
C J.
on 11/23/04 2:01 pm - Port Hueneme, CA
Hi, A lot of meds are well absorbed sublingually (under the tongue) and in the buccal area (cheeks). I don't know if vitamins are....but if your labs come back lousy, switch and demand a refund. Good luck. CJ
(deactivated member)
on 11/23/04 8:07 pm - Somewhere Else
I don't understand why everyone always worries so much... Since surgery, I have only seen my surgeon once and that was at a month out...I see him next on Feb 16th (unless something happens and I NEED to see him). I have had no tests since before surgery and am doing fabulously well (otherwise I'd have seen him more). It seems as though alot of doctors have managed to strike fear into their patients, and I don't understand that. I'm sure you'll be fine DJ, and I'll pray that everything does work out for you. Linda 268/185.5
Deejay
on 11/23/04 11:18 pm - Sparks, NV
Linda, I'm worried because if I'm taking vitamins that don't do anything for me then I am risking vitamin deficiency, something no one should do. I'm concerned that you haven't had any bloodwork at all since before surgery. How do you know if your doing fabulous, you may feel fine, but calcium/vitamin/protein deficiency can sneak up on you and wreak havoc on your body in the meantime. My surgeon didn't scare me into anything, the person who posted about my vitamins being a hoax did. There's a reason for taking them afterall and I want to make sure I'm actually taking vitamins all this time. I'm thankful that my surgeon does follow up with labs on me or how would I know if something is wrong before its too late?
(deactivated member)
on 11/24/04 4:00 am - Somewhere Else
Hi DJ, I wouldn't worry so much about what someone on one of the boards might have said about your vitamins, ask your doctor what he thinks about them, and do some research on them yourself. I find alot of people tend to think that thier opinions are all based on fact, yet they really don't have a clue what they're talking about. Find out from your dr what's what with those vitamins. As for my not getting labs done etc...as long as I'm taking in all my vitamins etc, he is not concerned. He has yet to have any problems with working with his patients this way...every doctor is different. I'm taking my multi's, my iron, my calcium citrate and my B12...along with eating LOTS of protein...getting in my water on most days...etc...if he was concerned, he'd have seen me by now. I am looking forward to my apt with him though, by the time I get to see him, I may already be at goal. Wouldn't that be a nice surprise. Take care...and let us know how things go. Linda
MarinaS
on 11/28/04 11:54 am - Small Town, WA
My three month labs showed I needed more iron. I started out with Centrum chewable, then optisource bariatric from wallgreens online. Now I am taking Isotonic Once a Day Liquid Vitamins from enjoyhealth.com. They come in powder you mix with water. I bought the 5 pack and take most in the am and calicum twice a day. After talking with my surgeon's nutricianist and comparing the different types of vitimins these came out the best as far as dosage and absorbsion. They cost about $172 for a three month supply. It is so much easier than taking all those pills. I am still crushing all my other meds as I have had 4 scopes and some strictures and will probably have to get another scope soon.
Most Active
Recent Topics
STILL Fighting
MrsJuly · 3 replies · 1114 views
Feeling great after 10 years
missang · 1 replies · 1035 views
HELLO, Hello, hello
JustHat · 3 replies · 1112 views
Old Habits
JustHat · 0 replies · 1179 views