Who's crushing pills????????

Patima
on 11/22/04 11:55 am - GA
I still have to crush. Because I also have a silastic ring my surgeon said I will always either have to crush or get meds in liquid form. Patti
Irene S.
on 11/22/04 2:27 pm - NJ
I've been swallowing pills in some form since 2 days postop when I was given the Actigall capsules. I did switch some things to chewables for a while (vitamins and calcium) because I found that capsules would sometimes cause a lot of frothing. But I don't have any problems at all now with my pills and will probably start up on my calcium citrate capsules when I finish up my chewables. irene
brittypie
on 11/22/04 7:55 pm - Chicago, IL
RNY on 07/01/04 with
It still amazes me how everyone is so different. The prescribed vitamins etc. and the way we take them. I took my pre-prescribed medication 2 days after surgery (small pill, about the size of 2 stacked birth control pills) with no problem. I started chewing 1 Flintstone vitamin a day, at 3 days out and took them for about 60 days. I started the calcium citrate at about 2 1/2 months and never had a problem swallowing it (I take a whole one and a half of one, together, not crushed). I started pre-natal vitamins at the same time and again no problem. I had surgery on 7/1/04. After reading all the post I thought pills would be a pain...not the case. Every morning...1 pre-natal, 1.5 calcium citrate and 1 pre-prescribed pill.....all at once...down the hatch!! Why don't I have a problem with this? Scary!
Most Active
Recent Topics
STILL Fighting
MrsJuly · 3 replies · 1114 views
Feeling great after 10 years
missang · 1 replies · 1035 views
HELLO, Hello, hello
JustHat · 3 replies · 1112 views
Old Habits
JustHat · 0 replies · 1179 views