PASTA

CAROL H.
on 11/22/04 2:48 am - FAIRBORN, OH
Does anyone have trouble eating pasta? I notice that after I eat it, I feel sort of anxious. I wouldn't say I dump on it, I just notice a jittery feeling afterwards. Yuk!
MinnieMia
on 11/22/04 5:28 am - SC
I don't do carbs but stuff like that, when I have had a bite or so, made me feel ick so I steer clear. It's probably the high glycemic value of the pasta jacking up your insulin levels that's making you jittery...just a thought.
Debra O.
on 11/22/04 5:33 am - Chino, CA
I ate about 4 or 5 bites of mashed potatoes yesterday and it made me feel yucky too. ~Debra
C J.
on 11/22/04 6:41 am - Port Hueneme, CA
I can eat about a tsp of pasta without it bothering me..but I dump on potato! Cj
Patima
on 11/22/04 11:57 am - GA
I tried some Angel Hair Pasta last night. I thought it would be okay because it was fine and well cooked, but was I wrong. It was really heavy on my tummy. I do mashed and baked potatoes just fine, and even had a couple of teaspoons of rice, but pasta....nope. Patti
Lalocaweta
on 11/22/04 12:18 pm - Spicewood, TX
I can't do pasta, rice, tortillas, bread, crackers, etc....They just sit like a rock in my tummy. Tried pasta again tonight (3 bites) and I had to go get rid of it... Think it is the swell factor for me.... Anne
IrishIze
on 11/22/04 11:04 pm - NJ
Carol, are you using spaghetti sauce on the pasta? Sometimes the sauces are very high in sugar, so check that out. I've tried pasta a couple of times, but it didn't sit too well - I can't tolerate more than a couple of tablespoons, which is probably a good thing since I'm really trying to stick to low carb. Hugs, Nancy -74
AngelFlyingHappy
on 11/24/04 12:55 am - Oxnard, CA
I tolerate pasta just fine. There is a low carb pasta called Carb Fit. It has 26 grams of protein for 1/2 cup. I tried it and the flavor is good. I only have bread/pasta about once a week.
Most Active
Recent Topics
STILL Fighting
MrsJuly · 3 replies · 1114 views
Feeling great after 10 years
missang · 1 replies · 1035 views
HELLO, Hello, hello
JustHat · 3 replies · 1112 views
Old Habits
JustHat · 0 replies · 1179 views