Dizziness...

IrishIze
on 11/21/04 1:06 am - NJ
I've been experiencing dizziness after I've bent over to pick something up, and today, while cleaning my son's room and trying to push a box under his bed (which required picking up the edge of the bed), I felt such dizziness and weakness that I had to sit down. It didn't pass in a couple of seconds as it usuallly does, but took perhaps 30 seconds or so for me to feel like I wasn't going to pass out. I am due to have blood drawn next Saturday and see my surgeon on December 8 for a check up. Is anyone else experiencing dizziness? Hugs, Nancy -74
jcordell
on 11/21/04 4:40 am - TX
Hi Nancy, About 2 months post op I was feeling the same way. It got so bad that I finally called my surgeon. It turns out that my blood sugar was WAY too low. I was eating NO sugar whatsoever. My doctor told me to introduce natural sugars into my diet, and since then, no problems. If this persists, you should probably not wait until the 8th to see your doc. Good luck! Let us know how it shakes out. Jeff -86
Monna W.
on 11/21/04 8:34 am - Susanville, CA
Dear Nancy, I have experienced dizziness and lightheadedness long before my surgery and it was due to low blood pressure. Be sure to have that checked, and you might want to get one of the wrist BP cuffs so you can monitor at home. They are not very expensive and are pretty accurate. Good luck. Monna 389/299/?
(deactivated member)
on 11/21/04 9:52 am - 'Burbs of St. Louis, MO
I don't have a problem with dizziness, but I've been having heart palpitations occasionally when I go to bed at night. I've heard that it's pretty common, though, and harmless in most cases. I hate to go to my doctor because I can't afford a billion tests with Christmas coming. Pamela -64
Debra O.
on 11/21/04 12:11 pm - Chino, CA
Nancy, I too have been having dizzy spells off and on. I asked my surgeon about it last Tuesday when I saw him. He said to have my BP checked because it might be going low. ~Debra
Vivi *.
on 11/21/04 11:28 pm - clermont, FL
I know someone who had dizzines post op and she was very low on her b-12, go get it checked, she waited too long and now she is taking 12 shots / month... Get checked!!!!! Flávia
Gina F
on 11/22/04 12:12 am - Belton, TX
Nancy, You can also have dizziness as a result of being dehydrated. Are you still doing okay on your water intake? I recently had this problem due to my blood pressure meds making my blood pressure go too low. My surgeon halved my dose and my dizziness is rare now. Go see your doc! Hugz, Gina F.
MinnieMia
on 11/22/04 5:23 am - SC
Funny you should mention this! Last Thursday I went to the ladies' room at work after hours, everyone was gone. While I was sitting there I got woozy. I thought "pssshh, whatever." I stood up to go to the sink and I couldn't walk straight! I made it to the sink and just held on, trying to not move my head around much because I couldn't stand up! I truly thought I was going to have to lay on the floor and hope it passed because there was no one to holler for and the cleaning crew wasn't due for hours! It passed, of course, but it kinda freaked me out and it took a minute, minute & a half or so. I've had vertigo before and it came on immediately, just like that and I thought "great, not this again." Last time I had vertigo I threw up every time I moved...for 5 days! Haven't had the dizzy thing since Thursday, though. Not like you where it's kinda consistent...better call the doc just to be sure. If there's a problem it needs to be addressed. If it's just vertigo, Antivert is WONDERFUL! MM
sradcli74
on 11/23/04 4:52 am
I've been experiencing dizziness over the weekend, but i attributed it to the cold medicine and reduced intake of food, as I was not feeling well. I am feeling much better and my food intake is back to "normal" but I will continue to watch for it. Thanks for asking this question.
iowedad2
on 11/24/04 2:55 am - Fredericksburg, VA
RNY on 07/07/04 with
Nancy, I am now 4 1/2 months post op and I've been experiencing some of the same symptoms. In the very beginning, I would get very dizzy for a few minutes but I noticed that when that happened, I was loosing weight the fastest. Within the past couple days, I was experiencing something close to black out spells. Everytime I got up, I got really light headed and then everything would turn black. I spoke to my Dr's office and they recommended me to see my PCP for a check up that it could possibly be low blood pressure. I would definitely mention it to your doctor or your nuturionist at your next visit but I would freak out about it. Hope this helps.
Most Active
Recent Topics
STILL Fighting
MrsJuly · 3 replies · 1114 views
Feeling great after 10 years
missang · 1 replies · 1035 views
HELLO, Hello, hello
JustHat · 3 replies · 1112 views
Old Habits
JustHat · 0 replies · 1179 views